Which food processor?

jasandlis, Sep 25, 11:13am
Please dont recomend anything expensive, just want something basic that wont blow up to easily lol!
Looking at
Breville BFP400 kitchen wizz
Kenwood multipro
Sunbeam 850 multi

If you own any of the above and have an opnion please.
Thanks

nauru, Sep 25, 12:24pm
I have a Sunbeam 850 multi, had it for about 6 years and I'm happy with it. It's a basic processor but does the job well and comes at a reasonable price.I know a few people say don't touch Sunbeam but in my experience I have found their products good so I can't complain.

olwen, Sep 25, 12:30pm
I've got the Kenwood Multipro.The only criticism I have is that the disc for the grater and slicer is rather smaller than the bowl, and the last bit dissappears into the bowl.

jasandlis, Sep 25, 6:46pm
thanks for your comments, finding plenty of good and bad on them all, any one else!
want to do things like peanut butter, so i suppose need a bit of grunt.

olwen, Sep 25, 7:10pm
I do peanut butter in my Kenwood.

jasandlis, Sep 25, 7:50pm
Thanks Olwen,
Its the more expensive of the 3 but might be the way to go.

bunny51, Sep 25, 8:57pm
I have a kenwood too and find it really good. We ahve had it for a few years now. (maybe 4 or 5)

jasandlis, Sep 25, 9:00pm
Thanks bunny51,
Finally killed my small one after 20 years! dont use it alot but good for certain things.
Looks like the Kenwood has the vote.

daggyboyz, Sep 30, 5:47am
Don't buy anything Sunbeam.

ribzuba, Sep 30, 7:16am
Out of the three I would go with the Kenwood, the other two are not so reliable.I tend to buy Kenwood for a lot of my appliances after I inherited my grandmothers 40 year old Kenwood mixer that goes like a gem.

duckmoon, Sep 30, 8:50pm
I purchased the ken wood last year

angel361, Sep 30, 9:34pm
You could keep an eye out for one at briscoes at one of their sales

herself, Sep 30, 9:42pm
I have the Kenwood Multipro and love it.

daggyboyz, Oct 2, 12:52am
Go Kenwood. Forget Sunbeam, if a Sunbeam breaks down they'll do nothing till you press them hard enough and even then they'll give you the run around. I'm not talking about the shop, I'm referring to actual staff of Sunbeam.

figjamto, Oct 2, 10:35pm
I was also thinking of updating my food processor which is a Ralta Kitchen Wizz that I got for a Xmas present from my ex husband in the1970's.still works well apart from the pulse button.its like an old friend living in the kitchen cupboard.may get a Kenwood, as I love my foodmixer

retired, Oct 3, 12:08am
I used to have a Breville and rue the day I decided to change it for a Sunbeam.I have had nothing but trouble with it, been repaired and still goes with it switched to the OFF Switch.Not the only Sunbeam buy that was unhappy with.Absolutely recommend Kenwood my two mixers, large and small still going after too many years to mention.

onenana, Oct 3, 7:48am
I bit the bullet and bought a Russell Hobbs. 40% off at Briscoes. Paid around $120 for it. I think you need to remember that you will be using it for many years so it is worth buying a good quality one. I'm very pleased with it as it comes with a smaller bowl & blade (great for making hummus and other small things) as well as the large ones, I had my old one (Sunbeam) for about 20 years but it was too small. (bought it because it was cheap and I thought I'd only have it for a year or two before I bought a better one!)

skye7, Oct 3, 8:24am
I vote for this model also. Comes with a blender and a small (similar to a magic bullet) attachment. We have had ours for three years and have found it reliable and versatile (we use it at least four times each week).

Have fun shopping