6.5L Slow Cooker Recipes

linzeed, Sep 4, 2:40am
Hi - My lovely partner bought a slow cooker for me for Christmas last year and we've barely used it as it's so big and the recipes that I've followed have been too small and have turned out dry and tasteless. Does anyone have any tried and true recipes that will fit perfect for a 6.5L oval slow cooker! Preferably complete meal recipes would be great :)

retired, Sep 4, 3:01am
I have never tried it but someone did say that you can fit a smaller basin inside your large slow cooker.I must admit I have to, one each side as several times I found I could not get a larger piece of meat in the smaller one!Hope this helps.

retired, Sep 4, 3:02am
Should say two,one each size!

duckmoon, Sep 4, 3:37am
+1

Have done this, and works well

jns, Sep 4, 4:39am
I made a yummy one last night, it's not a whole meal but easy enough. It uses a whole chicken.Put a few slices into a lemon, crush 2 cloves of garlic (don't need to peel this), put them both inside the chicken.Put in the crockpot.In a bowl combine 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce and the juice from a lemon.Pour over the chicken.Cook on slow 8-9 hours.In the last hour baste the chicken with the sauce.Serve with rice and veges.My sauce was quite runny so I thickened with cornflour.

luckylady8, Sep 8, 12:49am
Hi Linzeed, I have the same problem with my slow cooker.Thought it was the user as mine's in the back of the cupboard as well. So I will be keen to hear of recipe's to suit.Must admit My silversidehas alway's been a disaster as the fat would be like jelly.Again is it the user of machine although it's a new russell hobbs one.Any advice will be gratefully accepted.

logansrun93, Sep 8, 1:25am
Hi Im wanting to do a small silverside in slow cooker tonight ready for lunch tomorrow.Please help me how to go about this.Thanks All

About what time shall i put this on! and what settng low, med, high! also what to add with this! water, salt! anything else to add flavor! and do I add veges eg: potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, cabbage all at once!

Thanks.I dont have manual, so just be guessing and wouldnt want to spoil tomorrows lunch :))

tehenga288, Sep 8, 5:45am
Hi Logan - I think it is just as easy and gives a much better flavour to cook your corned beef for one and half to two hours depending on size in a pot as usual. I find the crockpot can make a small piece quite dry and I don't think the veg cook properly.