Yay - I just made the easiest belgium biscuits

2603962, Sep 2, 2:26am
Thanks to who ever wrote the cheats recipe for Belgium biscuits I made 3 packets today using ginger nuts, jammed them together and iced them.
Pa will be happy to have them for Fathers Day afternoon tea.
Any other easy peasy ideas like this out there!

jessie981, Sep 2, 5:19am
Windmill biscuits are yummy to make into Belgium biscuits. Nice & spicey

matuq, Sep 2, 5:28am
But aren't they hard to bite into though!

jessie981, Sep 2, 5:41am
I too wondered. Windmill are fine though.

korbo, Sep 3, 2:47am
did the gingernuts go soft, and did you ice them.love belgium bis, but hate cutting them out, let alone rolling the dough.

jessie981, Sep 3, 3:57am
would have thought using g.n biscuits the flavour would be more ginger than spicey.

vinee, Sep 3, 4:27am
yeah, A nice bikkie idea but not belgium.

huia991, Sep 3, 4:33am
Here's a couple

Mini cheesecakes
Take some gingernuts.Heat for a couple of minutes in an oven on a baking tray.
Using a clean tea towel to hold the biscuits while they're hot, shape them around a soup spoon to get a shape that you can put filling into.Alternatively you can press them into a patty tin or muffin tray.
When cool fill with a cheesecake mix (use your own recipe or even easier use the tararua one from the supermarket).Top with a piece of fruit or a chocolate button.
It pays to heat the biscuits about six gingernuts at a time otherwise they will cool down too quickly and you won't be able to shape them.

Ice Cream Muffins
Melt a 2 litre of ice cream.Add 2 1/2 cups of self raising flour and 1 tsp of baking powder.
Cook as you normally would for muffins (about 12-15 minutes in greased muffin tins or paper lined tins, at about 180.)
Use any kind of ice cream and add any extras - eg chocolate chips, dried fruit etc.Jelly tip and caramello icecream are really good.
This is good to do with kids.

actiongirl1, Sep 20, 12:46am
Hi, I wish to make the belgium biscuits using the windmill biscuits.I live in Oamaru and haven't been able to find any windmill biscuits.Anyone from here seen them in Oamaru. thankyou

timturtle, Sep 20, 8:17am
Sorry I can't help. But who makes the windmill biscuits! Cheers

timturtle, Sep 20, 8:59am
years ago you could buy Jamaican biscuits, and they made really good fake Belgium biscuits

mustu, Sep 20, 9:19am
This is the no cook cheats belgium biscuits as posted by rose22

"Take a packet of Homebrand gingernuts
Spread half the packet with raspberry jam
sandwich with the rest, ice and sprinkle with jelly crystals
leave for 36-48 hours to soften a bit. our kids love them"

medicina, Sep 20, 9:20am
Awesome!How many does this recipe make!Would have loved this when we had icecream at Scout camp --with inadequate freezing capacity!

jessie981, Sep 20, 9:38am
at my supermarket they are with the Ernest adams, etc shelves or where the food from different countries are. You won't find them among the ordinary biscuits. New World, Countdown stock them. Binn Inn here have them too. Red packet.

shop_tiludrop, Sep 21, 6:36am
Was that the recipe that said Belgium Slice!I am trying to find it and cant seem too.

shop_tiludrop, Sep 21, 6:39am
Found the recipe, I was spelling it different to the post.

nik12, Sep 21, 7:59am
My new trick when making belgium biscuits (proper one's lol) is to roll the dough into a log, put in the fridge for a bit then just slice it.Saves scraping them off the bench, making them all wonky and having to reroll the leftovers :)

grandma, Sep 21, 8:17am
Great idea nik - will try this out when I next make them.

add1, Sep 23, 2:45am
I make belgian thumbprints - roll the dough into balls, flatten then make a depression with the end of a wooden spoon (or your thumb).Fill up the thumbprint with raspberry jam and bake.when cold, ice with pink icing.

2603962, Sep 23, 4:40am
They do soften after a few days and are quite gingery but are very easy and nice

whitehead., Sep 24, 3:09am
thats a better idear than cooking them in a slice pan with the jam in

medicina, Sep 24, 8:24am
Recipe made 24 standard muffins (12 to a tray).Very easy and quite yum but not sure if yummier than eating the icecream alone!