Delicious Date & Orange Scones -A Toadfish special

toadfish, Sep 2, 12:37am
I made this recipe up. prompted by the Dates I brought from the RTC shop being as hard as bullets and the need to soften them.

Toadies Date & Orange Scones

• 3.5 Cups Flour
• 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
• 1 cup Dates – (Each date chopped into 3)
• ½ Cup Castor Sugar
• 50 gms butter
• 1 Large Orange
• 1 cup Trim milk (plus about another ¼ to mix to the right texture)

Turn oven on to 180 deg fan bake.
Place Flour, Baking Powder, Castor Sugar and the Zest of the orange (finely chopped) in a large bowl
In a microwave proof bowl, place the dates, juice of the orange and 50gms of butter.Heat through till the butter is melted.
Add 1 cup of milk to the date and orange mixture.
Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and then add extra milk till all combined and a wetish mixture.
Place 12 dollops of this mixture onto a baking paper lined baking tray and cook for approx. 15 mins.
Just had them for Father’s Day Lunch…. Delicious

toadfish, Sep 2, 12:40am
PS Why is it Fathers Days seems to incorporate 3 special meals cooked for them.My DH had breakfast in bed from his DD's, Date & Orange Scones from me (Although Scones are not uncommon at Sunday Lunch) And tonight a Roast Leg of Lambwith all the trimmings and followed by Ellihens Lemon Delicious Pudding.The Dinner is for my special Dad as well.

az-em, Sep 2, 4:39am
Thanks Toadfish I am off to make these now, well perhaps ill prep them and when the lamb roast is done Ill bake them! Love dates!