How much soup mix (pearl barley, split peas etc)

carter441, Aug 15, 1:32am
I am making soup.My standard sized crockpot is full of liquid (or will be full by the time I add the vegetables).How much of the "soup mix" (pearl barley, yellow splits peas, green split peas and red lentils) should I add!So far I have put one cup full in.Any thoughts!

kinna54, Aug 15, 1:54am
that should be about enough.maybe some extra barley. In my stockpot (not slow cooker) I usually add a cup of mix and then extra pearl barley. Wash it well first, and I usually pre-soak my mix.

kinna54, Aug 15, 11:31am
Mr Kinna here, I love pearl barley and often add more when Mrs Kinna is not looking. Mind you it does make you fart more.

kinna54, Aug 16, 2:01am
Mr K.how dare he infringe on my posts.and he blames MY cooking! for his digestion. OOOHHHH.

245sam, Aug 16, 2:17am
oops, Mr K got caught.kinna54, obviously Mr K likes a lot of what he loves even if it does have some unpleasant after effects and with YOUR soup it seems it's self-inflicted!:-))

guest, Mar 21, 6:29am
Aug14Erin Angela I have to admit that part of the reason that I've been able to share my story is bueacse of you. I have heard you share your story at least two or three times in church, and again in bits and pieces here in your blog. In sharing my story with others, I have already seen it change some of their lives. I have been thanked by numerous people for sharing my story It has been hard to share as you have seen, but it's getting easier to talk about my very long road to recovery from GBS. I thank God regularly for the inspiration I get from you and for putting people like you in my life. You are a very special woman and I love love love You!

guest, Mar 22, 12:50am
What goouergs, goouergs women! I adore your blog and it was one of the very first blogs I started following ~ before I even really know what "blogland" was all about! This is my first time commenting. I thought Thanksgiving is a good time to thank you for all you do and tell you how much I enjoy your blog! Blessings,Cindy