Gluten free biscuits and sooooooooo yummy

lcl2, Aug 19, 7:08am
Try this for those who are gluten free
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 sugar
2 eggs
1tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix altogether, place desertspoon lots on baking tray and bake at 180 for 15 minutes.

You would never now they are made from peanut butter (just as well as i can't stand peanut butter)

these are really yummy and with no flour at all it is ideal for those who are gluten free.

hesian, Aug 19, 9:42pm
Made these last week- about 16 small chunky type bisuits.

75gm butter
50 gm brown sugar
1 beaten egg
vanilla (splash - half t according to taste)
75gm rice flour
75gm cornmeal
1 - 2tgf baking powder or 1t guar gum
pinch salt
2/3rd (two thirds) C g/f choc chips
l.beat butter and sugar
2.add egg and vanilla
3.add rice flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt
4.add choc chips

190 degrees for 10-15 mins (mine took 12 mins)

geldof, Aug 19, 10:07pm
I find biscuits to be the most challenging with GF baking.

I dislike the rice flour texture and after taste.

Some more ideas in here would be great.

I have made some chocolate hazelnut biscuits which were great, but not cheap.
Florentines which are yum,
and often fall back on macaron type biscuits.

The peanut butter ones are great, unfortunately I cannot eat peanuts.

rainrain1, Aug 19, 11:07pm
This recipe arrived into my mailbox, maybe someone might like to try

ginger crunch is much crunchier made with gluten-free flour, as are chocolate chip cookies. If you don’t have gluten free flour ordinary flour is fine.

Gluten-Free Ginger Crunch
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour, sifted
1 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking powder
250 g cold butter cubed

Ginger Icing
15 g butter
1/4 cup golden syrup
1 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups icing sugar sifted

Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Place the flour, sugar, ginger and baking powder in the processor and pulse to combine. Add butter and process until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Press into a 20cm x 30cm tin lined with baking paper. Bake 35 - 40 minutes until golden.

Icing
Place the butter, syrup and ginger in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until butter has melted. Stir through the icing sugar and pour immediately over the slice. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until the icing is set.

sumstyle, Aug 20, 3:05am
Baking powder is not usually gluten free as it has wheat as the starch element!(Unless you are using a specific GF baking powder).

vinee, Aug 20, 3:17am
That's the first time I've seen baking powder in Pnut butter bikkies. They don;t usually have it in. Just Pnut butter, egg and sugar with optional choc chips/dried fruit.

rainrain1, Aug 20, 7:32pm
What happens to gluten free people if they eat gluten!Do you all spin round in manic circles for three days and nights or something! Just wondering

davidt4, Aug 20, 9:47pm
For me:stomach cramps, bloated stomach, fatigue.It lasts about a day and even a small quantity of wheat will do this.

For people who have Coeliac disease the effects are far more extreme.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/521327-the-effects-of-wheat-gluten-on-the-digestive-system/

sumstyle, Aug 21, 8:46am
The cramping I get is incredibly painful, and I do not have Coeliac's, just a gluten intolerance.Sweats, shakes, diorhea.

I have a friend who has Coeliac's Disease, and Crohn's Disease, and she gets violently ill with the smallest amount of gluten eg a one cm square of sandwich slice bread would cause a reaction.

melisk, Sep 7, 12:40am
The biscuit recipes are similar to this which was posted in March:
http://www.bakingmakesthingsbetter.com/2012/03/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-and-peanut.html

irenew, Sep 7, 2:41am
Gluten-Free Ginger Crunch
[/quote]

I made this recipe recently, and was amazed how well it turned out!Almost as good as the 'real' thing!

gennie, Sep 8, 6:15am
3 egg whites, 1 C caster sugar, 3 cups almond meal.Mix together until a firm paste.Shape (cheerio size sausages are a good shape/size).Roll in icing sugar (or flaked almonds).Bend slightly into a crescent shape.Bake 180 until light golden brown.Soooooo good.

pom-pom, Sep 8, 7:41am
I made a different version of the old peanut butter cookies today because I didn't have enought PB. I used 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup margarine, 2/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and approx 6 tbsps cornflour (mix in GF cornflour until the mixture is a soft dough) Roll into balls, flatten and bake 15 mins at 170 degrees. You can add a choc melt to the top before baking if you like.

In answer to Rainrains question, I hope you never have to find out for yourself!