Pineapple flavor.. where do I buy it?

krazy_kat, Apr 16, 8:53am
x1
I'm wanting pineapple flavor to made some icing but I can't find any anywhere. Is it even avaliable?

juliewn, Apr 16, 10:46am
Hi. . is there some where the vanilla essence, etc. . are sold in supermarkets - the range of essences has increased in the last few years and I think I've seen it there. .

Otherwise, try at a bakery or shop that makes Christmas and birthday cakes, etc. . to order, as they may have some. .

Hope this helps. .

kindl, Apr 16, 10:54am
how about using pineapple juice instead of the water, maybe from canned pineapple which is stronger than the stuff to drink

bunny51, Apr 16, 8:30pm
Spotlight have a range of essences maybe they have pineapple too

squeakygirl, Apr 17, 4:36am
Bin Inn have a lot of essences - might be worth a try.

jan.w1, Apr 17, 5:21am
Try Rawleighs they used to have it.

krazy_kat, Apr 17, 8:20am
Thanks all - supermarket and spotlight don't have it. I've checked on here, and I've googled supply stores and nothing. I'm begining to think it doesn't exist! Pineapple juice is no good as its butter cream frosting.

kiwigal007, Apr 17, 8:24am
Got bored lol Here ya go :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Food-beverage/Other/auc
tion-283779250.htm

margyr, Apr 17, 8:32am
well done kiwigal!

kiwigal007, Apr 17, 8:34am
It was nothing lol

Hope its the right stuff krazykat :)

margyr, Apr 17, 8:36am
they have an aniseed one too, while i googled for pineapple essence i saw a lovely cake using it, mmmmmmmmm, have saved that seller to my favourite sellers and will get some of them soon.

krazy_kat, Apr 18, 9:25am
Kiwigal you are a star! I was looking under cake decorating! That will teach me for not doing a general search! Thanks so much!

alebix, Apr 18, 9:38am
Thank you so much forstarting this thread. I am also after different flavours.
I see Hansells have an aniseed one out now. . but I was after pineapple too. .

your a gem!

alebix, Apr 18, 9:43am
Looking at the auction, you might be able to buy the flavouring at a home brew shop? or a liquor store that stocks home brew stuff.

dollmakernz, Apr 18, 10:20am
Rawlieghs sell it along with some other absolutely fantastic flavours! The pinacolada one is brilliant too! so nice for butter icing for banana cake

krazy_kat, Apr 19, 12:32am
That's why I wanted pineapple flavor - pina colada cupcakes.

I had no idea Rawlieghs sold that sort of stuff - I always remember the salve they made in the gold tin!

eastie3, Apr 19, 6:17am
I would like to source a passionfruit essence.

dollmakernz, Apr 19, 7:39am
I can really recommend the Rawleighs flavours, the are brilliant and also super concentrated so you only use the smallest amount! They're good value and they have the most fantastic selection of flavours, I've got pineapple, strawberry, peach, boysenberry, butter rum. coconut, pinacolada! Oh and Prenzels have some really nice ones too, they have some quite unusual flavours

guest, Jun 14, 3:19am
if anyone is still looking! we can thank Chef_kiwigal007

Hauraki BCL
29C Paramount Rd
Henderson
Auckland
Phone: 09-837 3311