Chicken breasts, leeks, mushrooms, bacon - WWYD?

kirmag, Aug 23, 2:15am
Can anyone inspire me for something different to do with these ingredients.Please and thanks!

sarahb5, Aug 23, 2:24am
Pie!

kirmag, Aug 23, 2:26am
Nah had pasties this week so pastry overload already.

Could do a bake I guess - make a white sauce with the with the mushrooms n leeks n bacon, slightly crumb and brown off the breasts and then bake - so like a pie without the pastry. hmmmm yeh that could work

kirmag, Aug 23, 2:46am
No will do a crumb and cheese topping. yeh thanks sarah! haha bascially a pie

sarahb5, Aug 23, 2:52am
Like a crumble topping but with cheese!Or you could do cheesy mashed potato

kirmag, Aug 23, 3:42am
oooh yeh. but with no creamed corn in it haha

raewyn64, Aug 23, 4:01am
cube up the chicken breast and cook it off for a while and the same with bacon. Put in a casserole dish with a botle of cream and an onion and bacon soup mix (the dry powder type one) and let it cook up - yum!
Had it last night (without the leaks and mushroom) and added some silced potatoes.

kirmag, Aug 23, 4:08am
oooh yeh we do that with potatoes, cooked cubed potatoes, pour in cream and a packet of onion soup. yum!

Don't have cream or onion n bacon soup tho, but mmm can imagine it would be nice chicken too :)

daleaway, Aug 23, 4:22am
Cook it up (wok!), put into ramekin, pour in a little cream, add mashed kumara topping, brown in oven.

I've just made it up but I would give that a go. Actually I would put a pastry top on but you said you were fed up with pastry so I thought, kumara or mashed spud would go down a treat.

gaspodetwd, Aug 23, 4:29am
Stuffed chicken breasts.

Fry off the leek and mushrooms ( with garlic and butter preferably). Cut a slit in the chicken and stuff the breast with the mixture. Then wrap the breast in bacon - streaky is best, but any will work.
Cook 180 degrees for about 45 mins depending on the size.

Slice across the breast to serve.

shop-a-holic, Aug 23, 4:37am
Yummmmyyyyy! Perfect.

sarahb5, Aug 23, 6:41am
No that's right - I can't bear lumps in mashed potato (they make me gag) and I can't see that creamed corn wouldn't make it lumpy

pnh4, Aug 23, 6:48am
Roasted stuffed pumpkin, YUM!

delihank, Aug 23, 7:47am
fettuccini with all those ingrediants,cream,garlic and wine yummy

kirmag, Aug 23, 8:21pm
What I ended up doing was fried off the leeks n mushrooms.Cut the breats into chunks and sealed that off with some garlic in there too.Made a white sauce and put all that in there and into a dish.Cut bacon into tiny pieces (woulda been good if I had panchetta) and toasted some sesame seeds.Grated some cheese and some parmessen and then put the cheeses, bacon, sesame seeds into some breadcrumbs and put this mix over top and then put in the over til the top was brown n crispy.Was yummy!

dwyn5, Aug 23, 11:44pm
Too late - but thought this would do another time.
Cut leeks into rings and cover base of pyrex or similar dish
Slice mushrooms (button) into about 4 or 5 pieces
Scatter over leeks
Cut bacon into smaller pieces and add to dish
Cut chicken breasts in two and place on top (I use skinless chicken thighs - not as dry as breast))
Mix up a can of condensed mushroom or chicken soup with about half a can of water
Sprinkle paprika and half a tspn of dried thyme over top of chicken, then pour over the soup mix
Bake at 190 degrees for about an hour until chicken cooked through - can baste it from time to time if starting to look too dry
If too watery thicken with some cornflour mixed with a wee bit of water or some lite sour cream before serving