Never ever cooked pasta before . and

matuq, Aug 26, 5:08am
Today I bought Chicken & Herb Tortellini (packet) . now I need to be told what to do with it.I want something simple . so do I just make a sauce and heat them through the sauce!Looking foward to beingn told what to do!Thx in advance.

davidt4, Aug 26, 5:13am
Doesn't it tell you on the packet!

matuq, Aug 26, 5:28am
(Pams product).

Just says add pasta to pot containing 10 cups of boiling waterStir and boil for 7 minutes.Looks a bit insipid to me so that's why I was asking about a sauce.

b-rowdy, Aug 26, 5:30am
You can boil them, then add to a sauce once drained, or like you said heating them through a sauce, we often use just a tin of tomatoes and add spices to ours, some veges and cheese on top, nom nom nom! Although Im well over pasta as I make it every day at work!

Dont just boil em and eat em cos it will be um, not nom nom

matuq, Aug 26, 5:32am
Ta.I'm not the world's most inventive cook.(Just Googled some pasta sauces - should've done that before asking on here)

buzzy110, Aug 26, 5:35am
Make the sauce separately in a smaller pot. Cook the pasta to el dente stage using the method on the packet. When it is cooked drain the whole lot through a colander, discarding the cooking water, then serve the pasta. Pour the pre-cooked sauce over your freshly cooked pasta.

If you want to get really flash, you can tip the drained pasta back into the pot and add some butter and toss but it is not necessary.

That is the usual way.

b-rowdy, Aug 26, 5:35am
Oh neither! Its just super quick to do for Mr13, boil, tin of tomatoes, mix vege and voila he thinks its magic!

Chicken would be delish with even a light cheese and herb sauce too if your a bit more energetic than myself!

toadfish, Aug 26, 6:29am
We always have them in the fridge for "emergency" dinners. My Girls squirt a bit of Leggos Pizza sauce through them.Kind of like the Tomatoe paste but with extras added. Its in a great container - better for us than pots.
http://leggos.com.au/our-range/tomato-paste/tomato-paste-squeeze/squeeze-pizza-sauce-400g
They also use this product for a healthier spin on 2 minute noodles.They cook up thin spaghetti (often add frizen mixed veg) and then squirt a bit of the pizza sauce through it and stir.
Can't tell you if its any good but Miss 18 & Miss 19 seem to like it.