GasBBQ 1kg rump roast.....how do i cook it?

kiwigoldie, Apr 16, 5:21am
I have a peice fo rump roast approx 1 kg... and want to cook it on my gas bbq... . how should i do this... 1 do have a meat thermometer if that helps... .

mrgts4, Apr 16, 5:51am
Do you have a rottiserie or will it just be under the hood. If no rottiserie place in tray and turn side burners so tray isnt directly over heat, keep hood temp at approx 160-180deg. When cooked middle should be 60deg for rare, 63deg for med/rare or 71 for med. If using rotisserie I usually makebaste up with tomatoe paste, soy sauce, worstisire sauce, garlic, mustard and oil. baste every 1/2 hr. I usually put burners on under meat for first 20mins to seal then just use side burners again keeping at approx 170-180deg. Put tray under to collect juices for gravey

Hope that helps, I do pork, chicken and beef on our rotisserie all the time and its beautiful

valentino, Apr 16, 6:02am
mrgts4 , sounds great to me. Well worded re non=rotisserie use too.

Another and can be done with a piece of rump beef is a mustard one at the following link to another thread in this message board. .

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=233

Cheers.

kiwigoldie, Apr 16, 6:50am
you guys are fabulous... we dont have a rotisserie at the moment... but you have covered both bases... thanks... its on as we speak...

mrgts4, Apr 16, 7:49am
Should be great, you can still baste itwithout the rotisserie if you want. Dont forget to cover in tin foil and rest it for 10mins or so before carving it. Enjoy
We have just had a pig butchered and got all the roasts boned out so we can put them on the rotisserie. Beautiful

kiwigoldie, Feb 5, 12:13pm
thank you for your help... it was divine! have copied the thread for later uses... cheers.