White chocolate pistachio & cranberry slice

Page 1 / 2
griffo4, Aug 14, 2:56am
l just got sent this recipe and thought l would share as it sounds interesting with the salada
Apparently it is very nice and the person who sent it had chased the person who made it for the recipe

WHITE CHOC PISTACHIO & CRANBERRY SLICE

Base
500g butter ½ pkt Salada Crackers
1 c brown sugar

350g pkt white chocolate

Toppings
½ c Pistachio nuts
½ c Cranberries

Melt butter & sugar & bring to boil 3 min until changes colour.

Turn oven to 180°C, bake.

Place crackers in dish & pour toffee over then put in oven for 5-10 mins until it bubbles.
Pour choc buttons over top till melted.Sprinkle with toppings.

245sam, Aug 14, 4:29am
Thanks for sharing the recipe griffo4.It should be a very nice sweet treat and I agree it looks interesting -easy too and it should appeal particularly to those who prefer a very short ingredient list, although they're not necessarily low-budget items.:-))

griffo4, Aug 14, 5:24am
lt would look nice at Christmas time with the red, white and green and agree about the pricey items but thought l would share as a "treat" dish
l just love how people come up with these ideas for recipes, l am not that lucky and am also time poor so love recipes from here that l know are good

macwood2, Aug 15, 10:06am
griffo4 thought I might try this recipe on the weekend.Do you melt the white choc and pour over the salada mixture!

245sam, Aug 15, 10:57am
Hi macwood2, obviously I'm not griffo4, but I read "Pour choc buttons over top till melted" as being that the unmelted chocolate is put on top of the bubbling "toffee" mixture as soon as it is taken from the oven and then when the chocolate has melted, the toppings (pistachio nuts and cranberries) are sprinkled over.:-))

griffo4, Aug 15, 9:42pm
Thanks 245sam l haven't made this yet but l read the same as 245sam that you sprinkle them over the hot base
l will have to get some salada etc and make it as well
Sorry for the lack of instructions l got sent the recipe and put it on here for others but have still to try once l go to town

shickenmcboing, Aug 16, 3:31am
i always melt the chocolate then pour over the caramel then top with pistachio and cranberry or fine chopped apricots and coconut its best broken into pieces than cut soooooooooo yummy

griffo4, Aug 16, 4:50am
schickenmcboing did you crush up the salada crackers as l just put them in and they floated to the top in the oven then l put the choc buttons on top but they are the no melt ones obviously so l will find out when it cools down
l roasted the nuts before putting on top but the apricots and coconut also sound nice

shickenmcboing, Aug 16, 5:17am
put baking paper down then place salada crackers to cover all the tray melt butter and brown sugar together till melted tip and spread over all the crackers put in oven untill it bubbles bring out of oven and cover in melted chocolate spread over all the crackers then chopp up pistarchio fine and cranberry and sprinkle on to chocolate put in fridge then break into pieces dont cut

shickenmcboing, Aug 16, 5:25am
whops 4 got 2 say leave crackers whole

macwood2, Aug 16, 6:32am
Thanks very much for further instructions.Now I get it!

griffo4, Aug 16, 8:16am
l did leave the crackers whole and they floated to the top but l do get it as well and will try again
lt is alot better now it has cooled down and l just need some choc melts and not buttons that don't melt but all good,
it tastes good which is all that matters

burkes1, Aug 18, 1:37am
Thank you Mrs griffo4 (and the delivery service;) - breakie was at 12.15 and man this was the bomb :)
Highly recomend to all

griffo4, Aug 18, 4:57am
Do you want some more Mrs Burke!;-p

pheebs1, Aug 18, 5:02am
please post piccies! i am really interested to see what it looks like
i cant get my head around using crackers so would love to see
thanks

amanda_simonp, Aug 18, 5:38am
I made this about a month ago, it is devine.My daughter and I are going to do this for little christmas gifts for her friends and teachers and I am taking it camping - devine.I broke mine up like brittle.

griffo4, Aug 18, 7:05am
l will post pics next time l make it my neighbour has eaten it all ;-))
lt will make a nice christmassy gift with the red, white and green look

shickenmcboing, Aug 18, 9:05am
even just sprinkling the chocolate with coconut taste real nice

webbo2, Aug 21, 10:34pm
Help, I'm half way through making this, already buggered up as I printed off recipe before the later posts were added about breaking up crackers.However, PLEASE TELL ME IF 500G OF BUTTER IS CORRECT!SEEMS AN AWFUL LOT & IS TOO MUCH TO MIX WITH ONLY 1 CUP OF SUGER.PLEASE HELP QUICKLY NEED HELP!

griffo4, Aug 21, 11:25pm
yep that is right and works fine

webbo2, Aug 22, 1:34am
Hi, griffo4, thanks for that reply.So when you melt the butter and sugar, it doesn't blend together like a sort of syrup!Mine was just like melted butter and a bit of brown melted sugar at the bottom of pan, still very seperate.

245sam, Aug 22, 1:43am
webbo2, obviously I'm not griffo4 and I haven't made that slice, but I'm wondering if you only melted the butter with the brown sugar or did you actually do as the recipe states
i.e."Melt butter & sugar & bring to boil 3 min until changes colour."- did you boil the melted butter and sugar for the 3 minutes as stated!:-))

webbo2, Aug 22, 2:25am
Hi 245sam, yes I did boil it for 3 minutes, actually I did it longer in the hope of it combining as it does in other recipes, but there was just so much butter 500g and only 1 cup of sugar.This is now bugging me as it sounded so good.What I have created is awful and I'm going to have to take it back to the drawing board to see if I can salvage something edible.Might re-boil the whole thing and add a can of condensed milk.

griffo4, Aug 22, 7:36am
l melted it and mixed it and boiled it for longer than the 3 minutes until it started to have those small bubbles and then poured it over the base

l was thinking this afternoon that next time l make it l might use the honey rice bubble recipe, less butter, and put that over the salada and bake it from there and try that
Mine mixed in quickly, but l did stir it
Please don't think l am being smart but did you use brown sugar!
l hope it turns out and you don't have to waste it

webbo2, Aug 22, 8:42am
Yep I did use brown sugar.I wonder if it was because I did it in my new stoneline frypan.Although I don't think that should make any difference.I only used it as it's really heavy and things don't burn.I so want to make it again, it sounded really good.I didn't bother to put the pistachio's 77 cranberries on, I'd givenup by that stage!
By the way, should it be 1/4 of the box of salada's as there was 2 packets in the box!