Cooking times for pizza base.

ming24, Aug 30, 8:46am
Hi all,

Really simple and stupid question really but I've made homemade pizza's twice now and twice the centre of the base has not fully cooked.The first time I made the dough myself and the second time (tonight) I bought some ready made bases from the supermarket (Romano's pizza bases).

On both occasions, cooked the pizza's for approx. 20-25mins and the topping was cooked and the edges were starting to become over-cooked, but the centre was still a little doughy and not fully cooked.

How can I overcome this!Sure I can cook the pizza longer but then the toppings and edges would get burnt.I just put the pizza's on a thin metal baking tray, is this my problem!Do I need a pizza stone!

Help!

angel404, Aug 30, 9:40am
Are the toppings you are using making the middle to soggy! Also could try using a pizza tray (has holes in it)!

mss2006, Aug 30, 9:50am
Use less topping and thinner crust and ensure the oven is HOT HOT HOT (250 deg C HOT).A bit of char is ok and adds to flavour. Ensure the second to last layer of topping is the raw onion and the last topping is cheese.Use a dryer sauce as well.

cgvl, Aug 31, 12:05am
I put ours lower down in the oven, at least 1 rung below middle, helps to cook bottom.
Sauce, cheese other toppings that way the top doesn't burn, its how its done in the pizza shops.

shop-a-holic, Aug 31, 12:31am
That's really good advice.Another idea that hubby does is to grill his base first; then it flips it over; pours on his toppings and finishes off in the oven.

guest, Jan 11, 9:56am
Please teach the rest of these internet hoonigals how to write and research!

guest, Jan 13, 1:55pm
Salam,,, waghean mahahsr bood,,, makhsosat attr post poteghal deser to be yek level dige borde bod,,, waghean mamnon,,, Enja to Australia ma 2 ta cooking show darim ke goftam shayad baraton jaleb bashe, awali My Kitchen Rule ke ashpazaye gheir herfee ba ham mosabeghe midan,,, wa yeki ham ke herfee tar ha mosabeghe midan Master Chef . motmaen nistam ke video ha az kharej Australia dide beshe wali fekr konam recipe ha ro bebinid.

guest, Jan 14, 10:02am
Demetri, Lets start with a food log. give us three to four days of a couple of work days and a day off.Lets see what and how much your eaitng before adding any supplements.Mark