Sponge, Cream and Jam . whats the best Jam?

Page 1 / 2
tammiraven, Aug 30, 7:44pm
Ive been using Plum jam and its nice but what do you guys use!

lilyfield, Aug 30, 8:04pm
Good qualety raspberry

annie.nz, Aug 30, 8:09pm
Second that.

chrisynz, Aug 30, 8:22pm
three fruits jam is nice

korbo, Aug 30, 9:05pm
rasb.nothing else, other than lemon honey or passionfruit pulp.morning tea at your house today.lol

sarahb5, Aug 30, 9:45pm
Really depends what's in the cupboard - at the moment that would be Anathoth's raspberry or three berries.

chatsmom, Aug 30, 9:47pm
I also vote for a good raspberry jam!

griffo4, Aug 30, 9:53pm
Raspberry for me to

poppy62, Aug 31, 12:17am
I prefer the Morello Cherry - it is not so sweet and goes well with the cream and has decent pieces of cherries in it.

kinna54, Aug 31, 1:53am
Raspberry or boysenberry.but I often fill a home made sponge with jelly and cream.and I prefer Greggs boysenberry jelly, it seems to have a nicer colour and flavour.

When in season I often use fresh sliced strawberries from the garden,, or another all time favourite here is passion fruit pulp.

snapperheadrkp, Aug 31, 2:11am
Try Lemon Honey YUM

carlosjackal, Aug 31, 2:16am
I always use raspberry jam in a sponge - mainly because of it's slight tang.

nzhel, Aug 31, 4:40am
My choice is plum and esp damson plum jam as the tangyness of the jam offsets the sweetness of the sponge cake.

vinee, Aug 31, 4:43am
I go for Plum because I don't like pips, but I like the taste of the others. I wouldn't turn a piece down because it had pippy jam!

gaspodetwd, Aug 31, 5:44am
High quality strawberry. Yuuuuum.

gardie, Aug 31, 8:37am
Kinna - I'm intrigued as to how you fill it with jelly - could you describe how you do it.Its sounds devine.Thanks.

duckmoon, Aug 31, 8:41am
Raspberry

macandrosie, Aug 31, 9:12am
I'm a raspberry fan too, sweet but slightly tart which goes so well with whipped cream!

kinna54, Sep 1, 3:19am
It is very simple. Just set the jelly in the pan or tin that you make the sponge in: (spray the pan and use it like a mould) and turn out the jelly onto the sponge half or onto a dinner plate and slide onto the top of the sponge. I tend to not fill the pan too full, and I use a bit less water in the jelly. If the jelly breaks, or if you are using left over jelly, just spoon pieces over trying to keep it fairly large and flat rather than thick blobs.
Happy to help and hope you enjoy!

dibble35, Sep 1, 4:32am
I hope it is nice, bought some this morning on your recommendation. I love cherries anyway so should be good :-)

wheelz, Sep 1, 6:39am
peach and passionfruit

duna1, Sep 1, 9:54am
plum for me

indy95, Sep 2, 5:18am
My raspberry or strawberry jam and occasionally lemon curd or passionfruit.

sarahb5, Sep 2, 9:40pm
But which flavour would you choose for a chocolate sponge!

kinna54, Sep 3, 2:41am
I don't like a lot of jam in choc sponge.but if pushed it would be dark plum or cherry.
In choc sponge I like good old whipped fresh cream (loathe mock cream) and a good thick sprinkling of chocolate flake, or dark chocolate curls. (You put a bit of cream on the inside of the top layer of sponge as well, so that it holds together.) and always dust the top with sifted icing sugar