Masterchef - next series

Page 1 / 2
vintagekitty, Jul 19, 10:56pm
http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/217858/too-few-cooks-kitchen

Wow, fewer than 12 people from the South Island have entered, I wonder why!. Do you think it's time to rest the series for a while!.

davidt4, Jul 19, 11:18pm
"She was keen to see as many people involved as possible, including "more guys and oldies".

I suppose by oldies she means anyone older than 35.

vintagekitty, Jul 19, 11:28pm
When they say that I think maybe 60+!. And I quote, "One of the hit show's three judges, Ray McVinnie, said South Islanders "need to wake up".I think (personally) rather than Sth Islanders waking up, it shows the level of interest is just not there.

iman007, Jul 19, 11:40pm
everyone i know tells me to enter it, but i dont have the time to try for it.I guess im just happy cooking for family and my social network.

vintagekitty, Jul 19, 11:47pm
You should, I wonder if you recieve a $ amount for competing!

iman007, Jul 19, 11:49pm
dont think so,but because i work for myself i cant just go away for 6 or 8 weeks and come back, because my customers would be gone.

sumstyle, Jul 20, 1:35am
McVinnie is one of the reasons I don't watch - my opinion is that he comes across in a disparaging way at times, compared to the Australian judges of George and Gary.Some people totally enjoy the knowledge that he has and how he imparts it, but I am one that doesn't.

Maybe South Islanders don't need to go on a tv show to "prove" to others that they are good with food!Maybe like iman007, they are realistic about counting the cost to their personal lives by being involved!

beebs, Jul 20, 1:55am
i think that it says heaps about thelast series, especially with the aussy one on now that is so much better, and as for the comment about 'waking up'.

southerngurl, Jul 20, 2:25am
maybe its their advertising! Haven't even heard you could sign up for a next series.

iman007, Jul 20, 2:32am
well summed up that person, prolly bang on

davidt4, Jul 20, 3:07am
If there are any potential contestants in their sixties or older I don't imagine that being called "oldies" would encourage them.It's so disrespectful.

And the "need to wake up" comment is really arrogant.No wonder they're short of contestants.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 20, 3:13am
If it was more about cooking and less about being a game show, more people might be encouraged to test themselves.

konini2, Jul 20, 3:29am
MasterChef is well past the "used by date"

joybells2, Jul 20, 3:38am
I hope its finished, sick of watching people who have no idea about being a chef.You cant just become one from winning Masterchef.

joybells2, Jul 20, 3:39am
I should say I dont watch it not since the first series.

mwood, Jul 20, 3:42am
It's well past it's use by date - fire "judges" and rehash as NZ Best Home Cook please.

taurus2005, Jul 20, 4:12am
Hav'nt all the Sth Islanders gone to Aussie apart from the 12 that applied!

indy95, Jul 20, 4:21am
Hmmmm, someone certainly needs to "wake up" but I don't think it is South Islanders. Arrogant and disrespectful is an excellent description.

iriegirl, Jul 20, 5:41am
I agree with all the above, after thinking the most recent series was testing the viewers patience, maybe it should be put to rest sans NZ Idol. And perhaps Good Morning could find an informoretal slot for the man that felt the need to constantly advertise during said series!

rainrain1, Jul 20, 6:11am
so you might like to move down and feel how good it is to be able to move along the roads faster than 5k an hour

iriegirl, Jul 20, 6:14am
Oops I meant infomercial, darn autocorrect!

griffo4, Jul 20, 6:22am
l only watched a couple of programmes and the final but it seemed like they had chosen one from the start and she was going to win no matter what and just reading the thread on here a lot of others agreed
How many can afford to leave home for 6-8 weeks and be put through all that stress and be spoken to like the judges did, most people have a life ;-p

eastie3, Jul 20, 6:50am
Interesting that you and iman007 both hold this opinion when I recently readthe contestants have consistently described Ray McVinnie as the most encouraging and supportive of the judges.He's certainly my favourite.I have met him at the Food Show(twice) and he was happy to chat to me and answer food-related questions.

lurtz, Jul 20, 7:16am
I haven't watched the TV series of Masterchef, however, I didin the past,subscribe to Cuisine magazine for many years.Ray McVinniewas a favourite of mine. He was down to earth and practical and dished out great tips about making ordinary ingredients taste wonderful.His appeal to me was that he didn't do over-the-top expensive. He relied on good and fresh ingredients, and Ilearned a lot from him.

clscmg, Jul 20, 7:30am
Anyone from the South would be better to buy a plane ticket and audition for the next series of Masterchef Australia which is a far better production all round.I never watch the NZ rubbish!