Chicken thigh bone in pasta recipe?

mattdylan, Jul 21, 5:40am
I really feel like pasta tonight, have the usual staples (canned toms etc.) but only have chicken thighs with the bone in, what can I do! would probably prefer to not chop up the chicken as I will end up wasting a lot, they are small thanks

pinky10, Jul 21, 5:43am
I'd serve seperately, crumb the chicken with fresh breadcrumbs, herbs and parmesan crumb coating and make a nice side of tomato pasta.

mattdylan, Jul 21, 5:45am
Great idea thanks, how do I get the crumbs to stick to the chicken as they have no skin

auntlb, Jul 21, 5:49am
dip in flour and then in egg mixed with a bit of milk or water then in to breadcrumbs

mattdylan, Jul 21, 5:58am
cool thanks aunty

samanya, Jul 21, 6:35am
Be brave, use your filleting knife .best chicken meat ever, thigh fillets & no it doesn't take long to get the meat off.

mecanix, Jul 21, 6:42am
poach the buggers in a bit of wine and chicken stock then make a cabonara.

dont throw away the cooking liquid. let it cool, then add sweet corn and celery for sweet corn soup the next day.

whitehead., Jul 21, 6:50am
roll in flour dip in beatten egg and toss in bread crumbs then ley rest in fridge for 20 minutes for the coating to stick . if you use tenco crumbs they will be really crunchy

punkinthefirst, Jul 21, 7:39am
Wot! Your family can't cope with bones! Or am I missing something!

lythande1, Jul 21, 6:20pm
Doesn't need skin to stick. Think fish.
I'd serve separate - or, cook them first, then strip the meat off, that way you get it all.

gardie, Jul 21, 6:25pm
Agree - I have extremely little meat left on the bone when I do mine - it is the best meat on the chicken esp in something like pasta as it doesn't dry out if cooked a tiny bit too long like the breast meat does.Once I've taken off the fillets, I chuck the bones into a pot for chicken stock.

karenz, Jul 22, 6:02am
There is so much more flavour when you cook with the bone in, it is not hard to remove the bone after it is cooked, the meat just slides off it, people can do it themselves or if they are that fussy you can lift the thighs out, remove the bone and put them back in.