Meat Balls

pigletnz25, Jul 22, 11:40pm
Has anyone got a fav receipe for meatballs, I have some but want an easy tasty receipe thats is someones fav.Thanks in advance.

margyr, Jul 22, 11:43pm
if doing spag an meatballs I just add onion, garlic, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs, however for dipping i use mince and sausage meat and add a sweet and sour cook in the pot sachet, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and onion and garlic, then have sweet chilli dipping sauce.

sooseque, Jul 23, 12:31am
Say for 400 - 500 gms mince, add a finely chopped onion, s & p, chopped parsely, 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs, 1 tsp beef stock, slosh tomato sauce, a crushed clove of garlic and an egg.

245sam, Jul 23, 12:37am
How about this one pigletnz25!It's good, really easy and freezes well.

MEATBALLS IN RED SAUCE
Sauce:
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup vinegar
1 thin slice lemon
1 cup each of tomato sauce and water

Fry the onion in the butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and bring the sauce to the boil.

Meat Balls:
1½ cups soft breadcrumbs
½ cup milk
455g mince
225g sausagemeat
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten

Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk until all the milk is absorbed.
Blend the mince and sausagemeat. Add the onion, salt and pepper, then the egg and soaked breadcrumbs. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and place them in a roasting dish. Pour the sauce carefully over and around the meatball portions.
Bake, uncovered, at 180°C for 1 hour. Turn the balls after 30 minutes and check the sauce level - sprinkle in a little water if necessary.
Note:I have used this recipe and made the meat mixture into small golf-ball-sized meatballs for a buffet meal.It worked well - I adjusted the cooking time though and I can't recall the exact details.:-))

pigletnz25, Jul 23, 1:49am
thnaks guys, I had a mental block on ideas.