Chocolate dairy food, calci yum

dr.bob2, Jul 24, 2:28am
can this be made at home! if so how!
Got plenty of milk just need the know how please

phil85, Jul 24, 2:32am
Custard with cocoa!

245sam, Jul 24, 2:35am
dr.bob2, IMO all you need to do is make some good old Edmond's custard with some added cocoa, or if you're feeling more decadent, add some chocolate and reduce the sugar to avoid making the custard too sweet.

CUSTARD – from the Edmond’s Custard Powder packet
2 tbsp custard powder
1 tbsp sugar
2 cups milk

or an alternative is to use Gregg's Seameal Custard mix and make the chocolate version of it (instructions for both the plain and chocolate versions can usually be found on the packet).
:-))

ange164, Jul 24, 2:45am
And given custard powder is mostly cornflour, you could just make 1T cocoa, 1T of cornflour, 1-2 T sugar mixed with 1 C milk and then bring it to a simmer stirring constantly till thick.

sarahb5, Jul 24, 4:30am
Except that custard is actually egg yolks and cornflour - http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/6557/custard.aspx

ange164, Jul 24, 4:43am
You're right, true custard is.
Edmonds custard powder is not. It's: Maize cornflour (contains sulphites), Colours [beta-carotene (160a), Riboflavin (101)], Salt, Flavour.
I'd guess it to be closer to commercial dairy food.

http://www.gffoodservice.co.nz/products/premixes/donut-mixes/71/edmonds-custard-powder.aspx

sarahb5, Jul 24, 5:44am
I wouldn't know - I use Birds Custard Powder (UK brand) and I think it has powdered egg in it.If I was making a custard from scratch without custard powder and trying to turn it into something close to dairy food I'd make a custard with egg yolks

NB:I stand corrected - their blanc mange mix had egg powder but the custard powder didn't because it was invented by Alfred Bird so that his wife, who was allergic to eggs, could have it.

tigerlilly16, Jul 24, 1:27pm
Sarahb5, Where do you buy your Birds custard powder! My (welsh) Nana always used this, the last couple of times I've had a custard craving and attempted to make some with edmonds I have been quite disappointed with it.

sarahb5, Jul 24, 9:01pm
Countdown and sometimes you can buy it on here - I'd rather go without custard than use Edmonds or any other brand

bedazzledjewels, Jul 24, 10:51pm
I don't think you'd be able to find the chemicals that are in the product! ;-)

crazycolt, Jul 24, 11:28pm
birds is egg free too

dr.bob2, Jul 28, 4:46pm
Thankyou all very much! Can't wait to give this a try.

guest, Jan 11, 6:16pm
It's imevratipe that more people make this exact point.

guest, Jan 13, 5:43pm
Hi there! I understand this is sowmahet off-topic however I had to ask. Does building a well-established blog like yours take a lot of work? I'm completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

guest, Jan 14, 11:14am
I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in wrinitg this weblog. I am hoping the matching high-grade website post beginning you in the imminent as nicely. Actually your creative script abilities has confident me to get my peculiar website now. In truth the blogging is spreading its wings hastily. Your enter up is a great instance of it.