Stuffed Baked Pumpkin

roundtop, Jul 28, 10:10pm
I had a friend who did this all the time,it was real good,bu never found out how to make it!The friend has moved away now ,so hopefully someone may be able to coach me through it.Thanku

245sam, Jul 28, 11:16pm
roundtop, what type of filling did your friend use - a mince filling or a cheesey filling or something else!I haven't stuffed a pumpkin but we do enjoy this.

SAVOURY STUFFED MARROW
1 medium-sized vegetable marrow
1 tbsp dripping or oil
1 onion, chopped
340g minced beef
5 tsp flour
150ml beef stock
2 or 3 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
saltandpepper
1 tsp vinegar
50g-60g each offresh breadcrumbsandgrated cheese

Trim off the ends of the marrow, halve it lengthways and scoop out the seeds.If the marrow is too long for your largest saucepan, halve each section across the middle.Put the marrow halves/pieces into boiling salted water and cook them for about 15 minutes until just tender.Drain carefully and as thoroughly as possible – I tip the pieces upside down on to paper towels and allow them to drain that way, then turn them over and fill the hollows with more paper towels.
Meanwhile heat the dripping or oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until it is beginning to brown.Add the minced beef and stir it over the heat until it is browned.Mix in the flour, stock, tomatoes, seasoning and vinegar.Simmer on a very low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally – it should be a very thick mixture - if necessary, stir in some of the breadcrumbs.
Place the marrow halves/pieces in a baking dish, making sure that they sit upright.Fill the marrow hollows with the mince filling.Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together and sprinkle this topping over the mince filling.Pour a little water around the marrow halves/pieces, then cover the dish loosely with foil.
Bake at190°Cfor 20-30 minutes until heated through – it may be necessary to remove the foil for the last few minutes to allow the breadcrumb/cheese topping to crispen.

IMO if using the above recipe for pumpkin you would not boil the pumpkin as is done for the marrow, instead prepare the pumpkin for being filled as in the following recipe from TM's juliewn.

QUICHE INSIDE A PUMPKIN
1 medium-sized whole pumpkin
thinly sliced vegetables of any kind - potato, carrot, kumara, leeks, silverbeet or spinach, capsicum
cheese of choice if wishing to usee.g.grated tasty or mild or edam, feta, etc.
2-3 eggs
½-¾ cup cream or milk
seasonings

Scrub the outside of the pumpkin well, and dry it.Remove any stem, or leave it to be a "handle".Cut off the top of the pumpkin, and scoop out seeds - don't cut off the bottom, as the skin helps to keep the filling inside.Replace the lid and place the pumpkin on baking paper in a shallow slice dish or similar.
Bake at180°Cforabout 15-20 minutes, until the pumpkin is just beginning to soften a little.
Meanwhile, prepare the quiche ingredients (vegetables and cheese, if using) - work out the filling amount as per the hollow size in the pumpkin.
In a bowl, place the eggs and cream or milk.Add some seasonings, and lightly whisk together with a fork.When the pumpkin is to the stage as above, carefully remove the lid, and layer the vegetables inside, and the cheese if using.Carefully pour the egg mixture over to almost fill to where the lid will fit.Replace the lid, and continue cooking until the pumpkin is tender.Cut in wedges to serve - either hot, warm or cold.

From the former Trademe Cooks here's another option, thanks to TM's mumstu.
CREAMY PUMPKIN WITH A YUMMY SAUCE
Cut the top off the pumpkin, scoop out the seeds etc and fill it with chopped bacon, sour cream and spring onions and garlic.
Bake in the oven until the pumpkin is soft and then cut into wedges.

Hope the above suggestions help.:-))

winnie231, Jul 28, 11:58pm
I make stuffed pumpkin with a curried rice filling.
I don't have an exact recipe for the rice, I just make up something like a curry risotto and use that.
Cut a lid off your pumpkin, hollow it out, fill it, pop the lid back on and bake at 180 Celcius until the pumpkin is cooked (approx 1 hour but cooking times vary depending on the size of the pumpkin).

guest, Mar 21, 9:22am
i dont think they sell off the rack full bridles, other than those for ssadedaelt and hunt seat. Remember, morgans are the only horses that show hunt in a full bridle. so just buy a regular hunt bridle, which gives you a lot of options, and then buy a bradoon strap. Most tack stores sell just a bradoon strap, made for ssadedaelt, but some sell hunt seat ones. I bought a Stubben hunt bridle, and my tack store had a bradoon strap with stitching to match my bridle

guest, Mar 21, 8:11pm
I would like to show my appreciation to you for rcsnuieg me from this type of issue. Because of looking out throughout the the net and getting methods that were not powerful, I believed my entire life was gone. Living without the strategies to the problems you've solved through the article is a crucial case, as well as those which might have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I had not come across the blog. Your personal expertise and kindness in taking care of all the things was excellent. I am not sure what I would've done if I hadn't come upon such a stuff like this. I can also now look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for your high quality and results-oriented guide. I will not hesitate to propose your web site to any individual who desires support on this subject.