Pickled pork

jaymiegirl1, Jul 28, 7:42am
Does anyone have a delicious recipe for pickled pork done in the crock pot !

245sam, Jul 28, 8:30am
jaymiegirl1,I have very successfully used the following recipe from Joan Bishop's book several times but without the fruit (apples and raisins).It's absolutely delicious and so easy - it's not a cheap meal, but it is so worth trying.The meat is super tender and moist with nice subtle flavours.

PICKLED PORK
1.8kg piece of pickled pork
¼-½ cup maple syrup
750ml cider
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
¾ cup raisins

Preheat the crock-pot for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile trim the meat of any excess fat and then put the meat in the crockpot.Add the maple syrup to the crockpot.Pour the cider into a suitable container and heat in the microwave or in a saucepan till hot - I personally don't bother heating the cider.Pour the cider over the meat in the crockpot and turn the meat over in the aromatic liquid to coat.Cover with the lid.
Cook onLOW/AUTOfor8-10 hours.If possible turn the meat ½ way through cooking.
1½ hours before serving add the apples and raisins. cover with the lid,and continue cooking for the remaining 1½ hours.
Remove the meat from the crockpot, slice and arrange on a platter, spooning the fruit on to the meat.:-))

jaymiegirl1, Jul 28, 8:47am
Definately will try this one. Sounds delicious! Thank you :)

245sam, Jul 28, 9:42am
You're most welcome.I hope you do enjoy the pickled pork cooked according to that recipe - IMO you shouldn't be disappointed.:-))

nauru, Jul 29, 1:24am
I have used this recipe a lot and it is a winner.I made it this weekend again but used apple juice instead of the cider which I didn't have.I have also used it for corned beef and it was good too,a lot cheaper than pickled pork.