Easy biscuit slice? or something

tekeflapz, Jul 29, 2:12am
so i have no eggs and now no vanilla essence and no coconut,i have condensed milk and ginger nuts and krispa biscuits though. help please,i have been searching for over an hour for a recipe to no avail :(

dotty23, Jul 29, 2:22am
How about some truffles!Smash the gingernuts in a bag with a rolling pin, add 1/2 tin condensed milk (or more if needed) and maybe some chocolate drops or something!

245sam, Jul 29, 2:28am
tekeflapz, do you have the ingredients to make this!The recipe is thanks to TM's valentino.

GINGER FUDGE
¾ cup each ofbrown andwhite sugars
125g butter
1 tsp golden syrup
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup milk
1½ cups gingernut biscuit crumbs
⅓ cup chopped crystallised ginger
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Place the sugars, butter, golden syrup, sweetened condensed milk and milk in a saucepan.Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves.Bring to the boil, then cook, stirring constantly, for 8-11 minutes or until soft ball stage or it reaches 114°C on a candy thermometer.Remove from the heat.Stir in the crumbs, ginger and nuts, if using.Beat well.Turn immediately into a greased tin and smooth the top with the back of spoon.Leave until set, then cut into squares.

How about making this Ginger Fudge and the Caramel Crumble that I posted on your earlier thread, and just don't worry about the vanilla essence for in the base - the base of course will not have quite the same flavour but I'm sure it will still taste good.The two recipes would make good use of a whole can of sweetened condensed milk. :-))

tekeflapz, Jul 29, 2:34am
ok caramel crumble it is :) im not the best baker,just started getting into it lol. can i just put it into a loaf tin! i only have that and a tin :)

tekeflapz, Jul 29, 2:40am
and i dont have crytallised ginger :/ could i just leave that out!

245sam, Jul 29, 2:44am
tekeflapz, I haven't ever cooked the crumble in a loaf tin but I remember another poster giving feedback that she had done so because her household preferred a thicker base and thicker caramel layer too, so yes you could cook it that way too - I think you would most likely need to give it longer to cook but exactly how much longer I'm sorry I can't tell you.Of course with cooking the slice in a loaf tin you won't get as many pieces out of it either but another thought that you might like to try.
From another feedback posting I remember that someone served the warm Caramel Crumble as a dessert - again, I haven't tried that but it would be a nice somewhat decadent treat if you wanted to serve it that way.

Try to enjoy doing the baking - the more you do and the more experienced you become, the better you will be at it so I hope it goes well for you.:-))

245sam, Jul 29, 2:47am
I guess so - the finished fudge just won't be as gingery though, otherwise I see no reason why you couldn't simply omit the ginger.:-))

Edited to add - do you have any powdered or fresh ginger!If you have either of those maybe you could add one or other to help with the gingeriness that the crystallised ginger would have contributed.:-))

tekeflapz, Jul 29, 4:34am
im not tooooooo fond of ginger,i do like ginger nuts cos they are not so strong.but i made the caramel crumble and oh my gosh,i have to hide whats left lol,the teen thinks im the best ever hahaha thanks so much,will be making it again :)

245sam, Jul 29, 4:43am
Well done - pleased you tried making, and enjoyed the Caramel Crumble. Have you used the remaining ½ can sweetened condensed milk!If not, make another batch of Caramel Crumble and freeze it - it freezes well.

Keep up the good work with the baking and you'll become more and more confident.and thanks for the feedback.:-))

tekeflapz, Jul 29, 5:27am
i still have half a tin of the condensed milk and yes i think i will do another crumble lol. how long would the condensed milk last in the fridge! i dont have time to do another tonight but would tomorrow,tuesday at the latest :)

245sam, Jul 29, 6:22am
There's no major rush to use the remaining sweetened condensed milk tekeflapz.I don't usually keep sweetened condensed milk in the refrigerator really long term but recently I overlooked ½ can and it was still ok several weeks later, so whether it be tomorrow or the next few days it will still be ok so long as you keep it well-covered and refrigerated, and it can also be frozen for longer storage.:-))