Edmonds Microwave Steamed Pudding .

campervanchick, Jul 29, 9:08am
Hi people. In my last move I've managed to lose my cookbook, and with the horrible weather outside, am craving some comfort/soul food - does anyone have the above recipe to hand they could let me have!THANK YOU!

co-creations, Jul 29, 10:24am
x1
Edmonds Microwave Steamed Pudding:
125g(4ozs) butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 1/2 cups mixed fruit, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour.Place butter, sugar, milk and fruit in a 17cm bowl and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Add spice and soda stirring well. Mix in flour, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes. Invert onto a service plate.

margyr, Jul 29, 6:50pm
I made the above recipe last night, except I used water instead of milk, sultanas instead of mixed fruit and plain flour instead of wholemeal, it was really nice and I think next time I will use dates. The only reason I did not use the original recipe was that I did not have milk etc and wanted a steamed pudding.

campervanchick, Jul 30, 4:12am
x1
You are a legend, THANK YOU! Yes, it is still delicious even with the substitutions. I actually went to the mall today to look for the actual book - the latest edmonds books do not have that recipe anymore - yoiks!I really appreciate your help.

co-creations, Jul 30, 11:58pm
that's ok mines out of an old Edmond's cookbook orange hardcover spiral bound.I make mine with milk, plain flour and fruit to it's yum aye