Low carb people?

kkmm3, Jul 31, 1:19am
Are you in here! lol - after some advice - I have gone from eating 1/2 loaf of bread a day, muffins, sugar, sugar and more sugar in foods and drinks.to drinking only water and under 30-40g per day for a month - I have lost 2kgs :(
Motivation is going out the window to keeo it up :(
Tips!
Im having coconut oil/bacon/eggs/mushrooms for breakfast and im such a greedy guts im really hungry by 10 or 11am, which means some snacksalmonds/ham/cheese then about 2pm cheesysoups then 5ish more snacks then broc/cauli/meats/fats for dinner - not exactly the same each day but similar! Any advice!

shazzadude1, Jul 31, 1:29am
What's your exercise regime like!

bedazzledjewels, Jul 31, 1:29am
Losing 2kg in a month is good. Slow and steady is usually the best way to lose. It will depend on how much you have to lose too.
That breakfast would keep me going until at least 1-2pm!
I hope you're putting lots of veges in there too!
Keep an eye on your total calorie intake as well.

kkmm3, Jul 31, 1:40am
exercise 3 kids! lol - veges - i would have though broc/cauli/mushrooms/ bokchoy/cauli/broc/spinach in the soups would be enough! I have 12kg to loose - have lost 16kgs this way before just had a couple of babies so need to get it back off - 2kgs a month is not good if you ask me lol

eta: I know that breakfast used to keep me going easily till 2pm dont know why not this time!

shazzadude1, Jul 31, 1:46am
With minimal exercise 2kg sounds about right. Losing weight after all is about output as well as input. Going for runs first thing in the morning before breakfast will help elevate your metabolism.

kkmm3, Jul 31, 1:51am
didnt have to do that last time! but thanks maybe its different this time - from experience for me its 90% food and 10% exercise - thanks tho/

bedazzledjewels, Jul 31, 1:54am
Your body may have changed after having 2 babies.
Also run your figures through Myfitnesspal or Fitday just to see that the calorie count isn't too high.
Most nutritionists would recommend 2kg weightless goals for a month.
Maybe also put the scales away for a month and focus on health. Scales watching can become a big downer.

shazzadude1, Jul 31, 2:00am
Yeah, too many fats in that diet as well, the cheese and the coconut oil need to go.

kkmm3, Jul 31, 2:10am
ha thanks very much i might do that - im expecting too much too soon proberly! thanks

wildflower, Jul 31, 2:56am
If you loose it too fast you'll just put it back on anyway.I'd limit the cheese and coconut oil.Coconut unlike almonds etc is saturated fat, not really the good kind.

You have to exercise, it's amazing how much better and motivated you will feel.It's lifts your mood and when you're moods up you feel stronger and more in control.

Best of luck.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 31, 3:10am
kkmm3 - if you are a member on the low carb website (and I think you might be!), we can continue this conversation over there with people who understand what and how you're trying to achieve through managing carbs.
My apologies if you're not who I think you might be. ;-)

mathewvb, Jul 31, 5:26am
I dont agree with cutting out the coconut oil, Its high in omega 3 and 6. I really good for you. You can still eat carbs, just make sure they are the complex kind. Kumara, brown rice and rolled oats. Just eat them early in the day so you burn them off. Thats what I do.

lodgelocum, Jul 31, 5:40am
If you are cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast, surely you don't need the coconut oil, there is enough fat coming out the bacon to cook everything.Try adding tomatoes as well.(I know really expensive at the moment) I find if I have bacon and eggs for breakfast, it does keep me going well into the afternoon.I have also just cooked up a big pot of pumpkin soup which is really filling for lunch, along with a few slices of cheese.Two kilos a month is still good.