Dessert ideas please

jessie981, Jul 28, 1:25am
Main is Indian, so needs ideas what goes. Thnaks.

biggles45, Jul 28, 1:28am
Something fresh and light - fruit salad, mini pavs with kwifruit, cheesecake!

darlingmole, Jul 28, 1:52am
deep fried ice-cream balls mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

applebox3, Jul 28, 2:21am
Mango infused ice cream, with a hint of sliced almonds & saffron with a touch of pureed mango jus.

Cardamom infused ice cream with a slight hint of rose water and vanilla.
Served with a hint of Kahlua liqueur

Gulab Jamum
Soft and delicious dumplings, lightly fried until golden brown in colour, finished in a light sweet syrup made from cardamoms, rose water and vanilla pods.
Served warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.

firemansgirl, Jul 28, 2:29am

firemansgirl, Jul 28, 2:29am
MANGO KULFI

Ingredients
2½ cups milk
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup sugar
1 cup mango pulp
Method
Combine the milk, condensed milk and sugar in a non-stick pan and mix well. Bring this mixture to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens. Cool completely then add the mango pulp and mix well to combine.
Pour into individual moulds or a freezer-safe container and freeze. Remove and turn out of the moulds or scoop out into bowls. For a festive finish, scatter with raspberries and pomegranate seeds and decorate with a little silver leaf or tiny silver balls.

jessie981, Jul 28, 2:41am
Yum, never tried them, no good as I am taking dessert.

molly37, Jul 28, 2:42am
I have tried the yummiest rice pudding made to an indian recipe, it has condensed milk in it I think.

jessie981, Jul 28, 2:43am
Another yummy one, sadly takes 8 hrs.

jessie981, Jul 28, 2:54am
my mouth is watering, think I'll go & buy a Kahlua cheesecake from the Mall. I've left it a bit late to start cooking.

groomingtools, Jul 28, 7:01am
Cant wait to try out - would love the Gulab Jamum recipe

tinkagirl, Jul 29, 7:19am
Had indian last night and finished with lemon syrup cake and cream, went really well together.

punkinthefirst, Jul 31, 8:03am
Haha - I'll never forget making these (as a bet) for my teenaged kids. The look on their faces was priceless! The icecream balls were rather yummy as well, but it was SUCH a procedure to coat them, I only did it once.