Panasonic bread maker

dorothy_vdh, Aug 2, 8:33am
my husband brought a bread maker today.
Any hints or tips for successful bread making would be appreciated

kinna54, Aug 2, 10:43am
There is an entire thread on bread making on here, including some successful recipes. Hit search, also some good recipes under my name and nauru's and korbos, to name a few.
The French Bread option is a goodie, light crusty loaf.
Keep your yeast in the fridge, (use Edmonds surebake) for best results, use warm water, and away you go. Happy bread making and tasting.

korbo, Aug 2, 10:48am
thank you kinna for recomending my recipe. everyone seems always happy with it.
Kinna, maybe you can help me. I just love RYE bread, and have been purchasing from a bakery at $4.00 a loaf.
would love to make my own, do i get the rye! at bin inn, or does anyone have a recipe.

pickles7, Aug 2, 11:53am
I have a Panasonic bread maker.
bread,. Lrg white. bread maker
4 cups of high grade premium flour, 2 Tablespoons of milk powder,.2 Tablespoons of sugar,.1 teaspoon of salt,.2 Tablespoons of butter,.2 raised teaspoons of sure bake yeast,.350 mils of warm water. I bake this in my bread maker using the 4 hour function. I have made the 3 hour function, it just is not as nice as the 4 hour.

pickles7, Aug 2, 11:54am
raisin bread, spicy fruit.

450 grams of flour,
2 tsp sure-bake yeast,
2 tsp sugar,
3 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp mixed spice,
2 Tbsp soft butter,
2 Tbsp milk powder,
1 tsp salt,
320 mils of warm water.
add 1 cup of raisins at the beep.

I weigh up several plastic bags of any bread mixes I make up to the .butter and water.fruit. saves a lot of mess and time. I write on the bag what is required to be added.

nzhel, Aug 3, 4:33am
I've only had my new Panasonic since May and have just followed the recipes that came with it. All successful so far and all delicious. I have been making around two loaves each week and used a dough recipe in the weekend which was excellent. Happy breadmaking!

raewyn64, Aug 3, 6:33am
the breadmakers come with a recipe book but make sure you check if the measurements are Australian or NZ as our measures are different. My last breadmaker had an insert in the recipe book for NZ measurements.

jessie981, Aug 3, 7:33am
yum pickles. My friend is going to make it for me.