A quick yummy muffin idea please

raewyn64, Aug 4, 4:59am
Hi all

Got an old family friend coming for morning tea tomorrow and baking tins are empty.
What is a nice yummy muffin I could wip up that is fairly simple! I was hoping for a sweet muffin but I haven't got any cream cheese, I think I have about half a tin of peaches and some mixed frozen berries in the freezer somewhere - maybe berry muffins but how do I stop the berries from bleeding into the mix! Any other ideas! - I am about 10km from any shops so don't particularly want to dash out for anything.
Thanks so much

ange164, Aug 4, 6:00am
Switch in your frozen mixed berries for blueberries.

Blueberry muffins
2 cups flour,4 teaspoons baking powder,1 teaspoon cinnamon,1/2 teaspoon salt,3/4 cup sugar,100 grams butter,1 cup milk,1 large egg,1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries.
Cinnamon sugar:1 tablespoon sugar,1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Heat oven to 220 degrees. Sieve first 5 ingredients into fairly large bowl. In another big bowl warm butter till just melted, then add milk and egg and beat to mix thoroughly. Prepare berries then tip the dry mixture and the berries into the liquids. Without overmixing fold all together. Flour should be dampened not smooth. Divide mixture into 12 regular muffin tins that have been greased or coated with non stick spray. Top with cinnamon sugar. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until cooked. I hope this is what you are looking for. It is out of simon and alison fav muffin and slices book.
haulier (2 )3:19 pm, Thu 6 May #2

raewyn64, Aug 4, 6:04am
thanks to you both -I appreciate your help. I am sure I will be able to make something up ok now :)

happy-me, Aug 4, 6:21am
Yum just copied and pasted into my folders.
Sounds really good.

mossum, Aug 5, 12:09am
I made these today with chopped up tinned peaches - they smelled awesome & the kids tell me they tasted pretty damned fine too !
thanks for a winning receipe !