What to have with thai flavoured sausages?

darren-j1, Aug 5, 1:58am
any ideas please, so far im having butter chicken sauce and rice. what are your thoughts .

geldof, Aug 5, 2:03am
I personally wouldn't have the butter chicken sauce.
I would do a stir fry along the lines of this one.
http://thaifood.about.com/od/quickeasythairecipes/r/stirfriedveggie.htm

Let the sausage flavour come through and have a 'sauce' on the veges.

If using the butter chicken, I would go for simple steamed greens.

perle, Aug 5, 10:18pm
why would you put an indian sauce on a thai sausage! Not something I would do- 2 completly different flavours

245sam, Aug 5, 10:53pm
darren-j1, have you had those Thai-flavoured sausages yet!If so, what did you serve with them!

I absolutely agree with both geldof and perle i.e. I definitely would not serve butter chicken sauce with Thai-flavoured sausages (or anything else Thai-flavoured).:-))

245sam, Aug 5, 11:14pm
continued from #4.if it's a sauce that you really feel that you want with the sausages darren-j1, how about sweet chilli sauce!
If I had those sausages I think I'd be serving them very simply with rice and the "simple steamed greens" (as suggested by geldof) and as an optional condiment, sweet chilli sauce - a very simple but IMO tasty meal.:-))

davidt4, Aug 5, 11:17pm
Are you asking about real Thai fermented sausages, available from Thai markets and some Thai owned vege markets!If so, they are usually grilled and served with little plates of lime wedges, coriander sprigs, sliced ginger and sliced chillis.