Where and how do you organise your fave recipes!

darren-j1, Aug 5, 4:06am
from here please .

rainrain1, Aug 5, 4:36am
I copy and paste them into word starter, then save them to a folder on my computer which i have named Recipes.The printed off ones I store within a plastic folder with clear plastic A4 size compartments.I have sticky labled each compartment with the name associated to the varieties of recipes. eg, soup, salads, chicken, pasta etc etc

nauru, Aug 5, 4:51am
Mine, many of them family favourites, are not organised but are handwritten into a collection of notebooks as I want to hand them down to my Grandchildren. Some of the recipes are from my MIL,Mum, Aunts and Granny, some of them are in their handwriting too (these I have pasted in and treasure, as they are no longer around). I have made notes of who the recipes came from and also any changes I have made from the original recipe. They all had wonderful ways of making meals tasty and for very little cost, also without all the preservatives of much of todays cooking.
My intention (when time permits) is one day to put them all onto my computer and organise them.

norse_westie, Aug 5, 7:21am
I save them in a file on my iPad. I have a cool proppy thing so I can place it in the kitchen where I can see it. Many are from other sites and have great photos also.

nzbadger, Aug 5, 9:32am
Yeah I do the same as you :-)

fifie, Aug 5, 9:55am
I use recipe ship its a free download comes with a heap of recipes just delete themmake your own catagories add recipes as you want. Put a shortcut on desk top beside T/Me copy and paste any you like into it .

darlingmole, Aug 5, 10:02am
I'm terribley old fashioned - I write'em down and try to decide which bit of the folder they go in (perserves, meat, party, cakes etc).I think the best bit will be that the kids will just know which recipe's I did and the ones that they had most & that they loved - not just from memory but from which page was the most spilt on! x

valentino, Aug 5, 6:50pm
Just a wee intersting note re recipe books sort of, the warehouse has Recipe books that is nicely done with various tabs within, about $19.99 each, very nice, have recently purchased two for two Grand Daughters to kick start their Recipe Collection.

lulu-belle1, Aug 5, 7:11pm
I write them in an old diary. I have a directory at the back which has the different categories so I can find the recipe easily. Only tried and tested go into the book, including copying out recipes from my fave cookbooks so I don't have to remember which cook/book the original recipe is in :)

winnie231, Aug 6, 2:05am
Download this recipe book tool . it's great.
http://myrecipebook.co.nz/

davidt4, Aug 6, 2:54am
I have all of my recipes on my hard drive and also in folders with Dropbox.Dropbox is mainly for backup, but also useful if I'm travelling.

bo0tsey, Aug 6, 3:41am
I was given a recipe book that is divided into sections which you name yourself. I started writing recipes in from my collection of printed out recipes from the net but i'm very visual and will miss the photos!

royboy3, Aug 6, 6:52am
I am constantly getting recipes off parents at work as they often treating us and then I ask for the recipe.These I put in a clear light folder.I have all my favourites in there. yum yum

nauru, Aug 6, 7:32am
I checked this site out and it looks good, maybe I will get around to saving my recipes online.