Recipes for cooking Yums, please

bobcat10, Aug 7, 1:56am
Cooking Yums, please

pericles, Aug 7, 2:02am
is that the same as yams!
I just roast them

winnie231, Aug 7, 2:20am
If it's yams then I drizzle them with oil, honey & balsamic vinegar, season with salt & pepper and roast them at 180-200C.

bobcat10, Aug 7, 2:36am
It is one of those days, yes it is Yams

geldof, Aug 7, 2:44am
roast with orange juiceand zest, brown sugar and a drizzle of oil.
Can also do them in the microwave like this if pushed for time.

I often just throw them in with the other roast veges. No special treatment.
They are very dense though and take longer thanyou would think to roast.

kirmag, Aug 7, 2:58am
Make sure you peel them first.

My nana tried peeling them once.First time she had seen them, mum took her some and she told mum never to buy them again cos they took too bloody long to peel heheheh

geldof, Aug 7, 3:12am
I am certain that I read a thread on here a while back where someone peeled their yams.

chrisynz, Aug 7, 3:57am
roast mine in there own dish. sprinkled with brown sugar and butter.they r so yummy

guest, Jan 11, 5:47am
Thikinng like that is really amazing

guest, Jan 13, 1:09pm
I did the same with pumpkin seeds from a small biakng pumpkin (yielded 2 cups pumpkin meat). Rinse the seeds in water and then drain off the water. They don't need to be dried.then spread seeds on parchment paper and baked it in 350 degree F. oven until lighty browned. It smelled so good, too.Then I tried eating them. It was easy enough to crack them open with my front teeth but there was so little inside of the shell to eat, I gave up. I really didn't enjoy eating the hulls and doubt they contributed much toward my dietary requirements. I dumped the whole batch in the recycling container along with the pumpkin skin and stem. I saw the few hulls I did eat a few days later as they had not change shape (hulls did turn from toasted brown to white again) after they were processed through my digestive system. (Sorry for being so indelicate.)If your seeds have a large-enough seed inside, then maybe all the work would be worth the trouble.

guest, Jan 14, 8:05pm
dry them first. then on a cookie sheet put some olive oil then put teedehss on the cookie sheet and mix with oil and spread them evenly.Then sprinkle with kosher saltPlace in preheated hot oven of 400F toast for about 10mins. check and see if they r toasted enough for u.If not cook a little more.