Would individual meat-loaves cooked in muffin tins

mzm, Aug 5, 10:08pm
work!

cookessentials, Aug 5, 10:16pm
Yes, they would. Do you know that you can muy mini loaf pans in a tray ( like a muffin pan) but they are mini loaf size. Great for mini meat loaves or any other mini loaf whether sweet or savoury or even quiche.

245sam, Aug 5, 10:49pm
mzm, as shown on Good Morning a few years ago, here's a couple of recipes that I haven't used but you might like to try them.

LITE ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN MEAT LOAVES
1 packet plain rice crackers
500g minced chicken breast
120g lean minced pork
1 cup chopped spring onions
½ cup each ofhoisin sauce,chopped red capsicum& canned water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1 tbsp each ofgrated fresh gingerandsoy sauce
¼ tsp salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 large egg whites

Place the crackers in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
Combine the cracker crumbs, chicken, pork, spring onions, ¼ cup hoisin and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.Shape the mixture into 6 greased mini loaf tins or ramekins.Spread 2 tsp hoisin sauce over the top of each meat loaf.
Bake at180°Cfor45 minutes.Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve with stir-fried broccoli, sweet chilli sauce and steamed rice.
Serves 6
MEAT LOAF "MUFFINS"
"Sit down to a meatloaf in 30 minutes with this recipe."
1 tsp each ofolive oil,dried oreganoandWorcestershire sauce
1 cup each offinely chopped onion,tomato sauceandfinely crushed water crackers
½ cup grated carrot
2 garlic cloves, minced
700g lean minced beef
2 tbsp American mustard
black pepper
2 large eggs+3 hardboiled eggs

Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat.Add the onion, carrot, oregano and garlic.Sauté for 2 minutes.Cool.
Combine the onion mixture, ½ cup tomato sauce, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.Spoon half the meat mixture into 12 greased muffin cups, place a ½ hardboiled egg in each cup then top with the remaining meat mixture.Top each with the remaining tomato sauce.
Bake at180°Cfor25 minutes.Let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve with a spring green salad and oven roasted potato wedges.
Serves 6.

Hope that helps.:-))

mzm, Aug 5, 10:51pm
Thank you so much - that is very helpful. I'm not much of a cook - if my friends or family saw this thread they would be wetting themselves laughing. I take a while to get going but have found this season of Masterchef and My Kitchen Rules to be weirdly motivating!

Thanks again.

245sam, Aug 5, 10:58pm
You're most welcome, mzm.Keep up with the motivation momentum and the more cooking you do, the more confident you will become - remember the old saying "practice makes perfect".:-))

cookessentials, Aug 6, 1:29am
I'm sure they wouldn't laugh at you mzm. The silliest question is the one that does not get asked.

mzm, Aug 6, 1:52am
It isn't the question they would laugh about it's the fact it was a cooking question! :-)

dbab, Aug 6, 3:20am
They are nice with a slice of tomato or pineapple in the bottom. Flip them over to serve and you have a topping.

cookessentials, Aug 6, 4:08am
nothing wrong with any question. The more you ask, the more you learn. The more you cook, the more confidence you gain and the better you get.

calista, Aug 6, 10:18am
Sam thanks for those recipes.I popped in for inspiration as I'm going up north at the end of the week and I always try to astound my brother with new recipes. The wee meatloaves will be just the thing to make him think I'm a culinary genius .

- Yeah, Right!

I should be able to freeze them, shouldn'tI!This would mean we didn't have to eat meatloaves 3 days running.

cookiebarrel, Aug 6, 11:52am
Cookessentials and 245sam, thank you both ever so much once again.I have been trying to come up with some savoury 'cupcake' ideas, for the Daffodil Day cake stall BNZ Bank have at the end of the month.Want to pipe potatoe daffodils on top and have been wondering what to make as the 'cupcakes'.Had thought of meatloaf ones and now I have even more ideas thanks to both you lovely ladies.

marywea, Aug 6, 2:30pm
Calista, haven't seen you posting for ages but Jo said you were OK. I think you had a damaged hand-is that OK now.I think of you when your beloved Cathedral is mentioned-are you upset that it will not be saved. The new one sounds exciting and may attract the young. Is your home all repaired!

cookessentials, Aug 6, 9:56pm
You are very welcome. Hope it goes well.

kay141, Aug 6, 10:13pm
I have a mini loaf tin and use that all the time. Any extra gets put into muffin tins. They get frozen as well. My youngest grandson thinks a whole meatloaf is so much better than a slice of one.

winnie231, Aug 6, 10:43pm
Calista - they freeze well. Living alone, this is how I make my meat loaf nowdays.
I have the mini loaf tins which a lovely friend from here gave me & they are the perfect size for 1 :)

devalois, Aug 6, 11:06pm
I use the tins (readily available) for "friands". They are just shaped like a little loaf of bread: quite cute! They look really special. devalois

moggie57, Aug 7, 2:18am
can you please tell me where you brought your tray of mini loaf tins from! I have looked at warehouse & briscoes & couldnt find them.
Thanks so much for your help! :-)

winnie231, Aug 7, 2:38am

moggie57, Aug 7, 5:03am
thx winnie!