Chocolate Cake Recipe- I can't find it!

kimrd, Jul 15, 10:43pm
A while ago I made a really nice chocolate cake from a recipe on here, and I lost the piece of paper! It was a really huge mixture (oven dish size) and was really runny too. Does anyone have it!

sarahb5, Jul 15, 10:53pm
Search in the box on the lefthand side <<<< and change the date posted to Last year

unknowndisorder, Jul 15, 11:11pm
Mels Secret Chocolate Cake
2 Cups of water 3 Cups of caster sugar 250gm butter 1/3 Cup cocoa 1 teaspoon of baking soda 3 Cups of self raising flour 4 eggs lightly beaten Combine water, sugar, butter ,cocoa, & soda in a large pot. Stir over medium heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes uncovered. Cool for 10 minutes. Mix in flour and eggs and beat til smooth. Pour into a lined roasting dish and bake for 50 minutes at 160c. Check at 40 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.

kinna54, Jul 16, 1:28am
was it this one.the famous evorotorua cake; I prefer it without the bananas.

Chocolate Yoghurt Banana Cake
*An easy no fail recipe

2 cups sugar
200gms butter or margarine
3 cups self raising flour
2eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
2 mashed bananas
1+ 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 cup boiling water *add last*

Place all ingredients into a large bowl, pouring the boiling water over the butter or margarine to melt it.
Mix all ingredients together to combine and that’s it!
Pour into a largespring form tin, roasting dish or into muffin cups.
Bake as a large cake for around 1hr 10mins, at 180c or in muffin cases 10-12 minutes.

You can also use flavoured berry yoghurt if desired.

Ice with chocolate butter icing.
can also be split thru and filled with a choc butter creamicing, dust top with sifted icing sugar.
*makes a large cake or around 25 extra large cup cakes*
*Cake freezes well*

This recipe I use time and time again.awesome!

just4jess, Jul 17, 7:39am
Was it this one - I've made it many times, never fails.
Bloody Good Chocolate Cake
Mix in order
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup yoghurt (any flavour)
¾ cup cocoa
200g melted butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
¼ teaspoon salt
3 cups self raising flour (or 3 cups flour and 3 teaspoons Baking Powder)
1 cup black coffee (ie. 1t instant coffee in 1c water)
Mix all together, makes 2 round cakes or a roasting tray full, bake at 180oC until knife comes out clean when tested (about 35-45 minutes

pogram0, Jul 17, 7:50am
Probably Boatboys recipe as under:
Ingredients 2 cups Sugar, 1 3/4 cups Flour, 3/4 cup Cocoa, 2 only Eggs, 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda, 1 tsp Salt, 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder, 1/2 cup Oil, 1 cup Milk, 2 tsp Vanilla essence.Mix together then add 1 cup boiling water. Will be really runny, don't panic. Bake 180 degrees for 35-45 mins.Super moist and yum

hails1, Jul 17, 7:57am
THis is a choice cake !

hooksie60, Jul 17, 8:29am
I make this once a week makes a small rosat pan size cake

3.5 c flour
1.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.

liamjosh, Jul 17, 9:06am
Mix the following dry ingredients together.
3 cups wholemeal/white flour
¾ C cocoa
2 ½ C sugar
½ t salt
2 t baking soda
3 t baking powder

Mix the following wet ingredients together.
1 ½ C milk
¾ C oil/melted butter
1 ½ t vanilla essence
3 eggs
1 ½ C coffee

Mix dry and wet ingredients together and pour into a greased meat dish.  Bake at 160° for about 60 minutes.

evorotorua, Jul 17, 5:54pm
Haha Hi kinna. Good to see you still sharing the recipe.Enjoy. erica

sarahb5, Jul 17, 9:14pm
And this is why Mr 14 and I are still struggling to work our way through all the "best ever" chocolate cake recipes we've got .Everyone has a best ever!

sarahb5, Jul 17, 9:14pm
And this is why Mr 14 and I are still struggling to work our way through all the "best ever" chocolate cake recipes we've got .Everyone has a best ever!

Just found the one we use for "big" cakes - will bump it for you - it's the Sophie Grigson Dana's Chocolate Cake recipe in the 6th birthday cake thread

kinna54, Jul 18, 3:52am
Hi Erica.Yep.it never lets me down. and always post it as the evorotorua special. It will go down in history. Best ever.

fast_or_last, Jul 21, 12:16pm
baked one of these tonight yummy

gardie, Jul 21, 6:44pm
It'll be hooksies at post number 9.Makes a roast size tin or two round 23cm tins.This is my most requested cake - it been on the MB for some time now - thanks hooksie!

suzanna, Jul 22, 11:00am
Absolutely fabulous cake - my most requested cake also.

hooksie60, Jul 25, 8:54am
you are all welcome please share it with every one as I believe good things deserve to be shared. And this cake only gets better by the day .if it last of course :-)

pp11, Aug 1, 8:56am
Well that was such a quick recipe, it's in the oven as we speak! Thanks