Supper for 21 st ideas please.

hotstuff111, Jun 16, 7:45am
hi looking for ideas for daughters 21 what could i make now and put into the freezer its in august.

wheelz, Jun 16, 7:48am
eager beaver!! or are you going to be super busy up till then! 2 months in the freezer! I'd leave it till bit closer to the day.

honest-reliable, Jun 16, 7:53am
cheese rolls toasted yum

hotstuff111, Jun 16, 7:56am
just getting ideas and will have a few days of befour.

lodgelocum, Jun 16, 8:47am
Sausage rolls and savouries can be frozen ahead of time.

duckmoon, Jun 16, 9:23am
I would start shortly. Six to eight weeks in the freezer will be fine

duckmoon, Jun 16, 9:28am
This will be what is served at my daughters 21st
*Club sandwiches (make up the fillings, and then invite three friends over the morning of the party), With a working bee, i can get twelves loaves done in about an hour
*cherrios (I think they are kids food, but I am amazed at how many adults eat them
*neenish tarts (they freeze will - done in mini muffin tins)
* pecan pies (again mini muffin tins)
* sweet pastry filled with lemon curd (you could buy the pastry now, and make ten dozen pastry cases, then freeze the cases until the party, and they are easy to fill)
* chocolate eclairs, unfilled they keep well
* mini piklets, one batch of sweet with home made jam and cream, one batch of savory, with salmon and cream cheese
* mini corn fritters.

If there is something you enjoy making, but aren't sure if they freeze, then make a batch, freeze, defrost and then taste.

duckmoon, Jun 16, 9:31am
Savoury muffins (mini ones) served with a spread of cream cheese
Sweet muffins, i like blue berry
Both Can be frozen

Also, as well as club sandwiches, asparagus rolls, chicken rolls (mixture of chicken and mayo - chopped in the food processor - and add alphafa sprouts - rolled like asparagus rolls)

evorotorua, Jun 16, 7:09pm
Duckmoon. I am 46 years old and I went out and bought cheerios for my lunch yesterday after someone asked on here how to cook them! Hit the spot. I always eat them if they are on a table of food for sharing. I eat them cold all afternoon too. Of course my waistline speaks for itself and my soul is happy!
OP I would be happy eating savouries and desserts frozen now. 21sts are a busy time and it means you can decorate closer to the time and spend a more relaxing time together. For ideas of what can be frozen, just check out what is stoked in supermarket freezers - fish, rice, veges, pies, pizza, cakes - it's all there. Enjoy and don't forget the cheerios!

asue, Jun 16, 10:47pm
go more sandwiches, savoury than sweet

sarahb5, Jun 16, 10:50pm
We didn't have a huge party for Miss 21 but there was about 24 of us.We had chips, dips, nuts and antipasto platters for when people arrived and were having drinks, chatting, opening presents, etc.Dinner was butter chicken, lasagne or ham with rice, warm potato salad, green salad, coleslaw and garlic bread followed by birthday cake and pot luck dessert - I got the guests to bring a dessert each.

rarogal, Jun 17, 12:55am
Recently attended one where buns, cold meats, salads etc were available.I noticed the young people were right into it.Lots of pickles, relishes and extras to accompany.

daleaway, Jun 17, 1:05am
Truffles - both chocolate/fruit/liqueur ones and white (apricot/coconut) ones keep well in the freezer for several months.

hotstuff111, Jun 17, 2:55am
my daughter doesnt like cake so planing to make 21 pavs or a big 21 made out of pavand cinnamon oysteres and chicken feleos are my specials

sarahb5, Jun 17, 3:46am
Sounds interesting - what are they!

ange164, Jun 17, 3:54am
Chicken filo parcels I would imagine sarah.

sarahb5, Jun 17, 4:02am
Oh right - I think they sounded like something Mexican - my mistake

hotstuff111, Jun 17, 5:00am
sorry not good on the spelling yip filos chicken mushroom and onion mixed in chicken and mushroom soup then wraped up in filo.

margyr, Jun 17, 5:06am
line a roasting dish with baking paper and make some big bacon and egg pies, and quiches, cut them when cold into fairly small peices and arrange on oven proof plates, wrap and freeze and then just take wrapping off on the night and reheat in oven. Do some meatballs, bite sized and freeze they can be served with dipping sauces. Closer to the time cut some flakey pastry into rectangles, bake them and then on the day put cheese, salami, roast vege assorted toppings on them and heat before serving.

hotstuff111, Jun 17, 9:07am
thanks elliehan i found this thred today ive started to write some things down just though of sushi .and my mum makes really nice meat balls.