fish fillets on BBQ- please help

courtney2004, Apr 13, 11:15pm
How should I do Fish Fillets (frozen at the moment) on the BBQ some of us are having Crumbed Mussels on BBQ - I refuse to cook them inside to much smell! so thought we could also do fish on BBQ just need ideas

twindizzy, Apr 13, 11:24pm
In tinfoil with lemon, sea salt and garlic

In tinfoil with coconut cream

Straight on hotplate with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of chilli flakes

courtney2004, Apr 13, 11:29pm
mmm I just used a little bit of lemon so i know we have that. I might just do that I am sure it will be different on the BBQ many many thanks! this BBQ night also goes with the goal of not having the Oven on every night of the week (power costs) we are trying for 2nights a week wiht oven and use slow cooker etc. but tonight we have to sweet feed father of the house as after tea we need to break the news that the big lease block of ours is sold and we need to find somewhere else to lease for our cows.

fisher, Jan 28, 11:03pm
When I catch my snapper, I fillet all the fish and skin most of it for pan frying, deep frying or tinfoil wrap oven cooking. . :}
I do a couple of packs to freeze with the skin on. . esp for the BBQ. .
Once thawed, I place a few slits across the skin and sprinkle some rock salt and ground black pepper into these slits. . Oil onto a hot BBQ plate and put the fillets, skin side down on the sizzling oil. . leave it alone. . the skin will crisp up and brown (near blacken) and you should then flip the fish onto another new patch of sizzling oil. . only needs a minute flesh side and serve with your green salad, a slice of lemon and boiled wee skin on jersey bennies. .