Chicken, mushrooms, tin of chicken soup

korbo, Jun 19, 1:18am
I had a nice recipe for using these ingredients, plus penne pasta.
cant remember whether I used a tin of chicken soup or evaporated milk.
if anyone has it, please can you post here. I am sure the recipe was on a wrapper around a tin.
thanks
Or any nice recipe to use 1 cooked chicken for a nice meal for tea.

jessie981, Jun 19, 2:00am
This sounds nice & add penne
I got some chicken breasts and chopped them up and cooked them up in a frypan and then into a casserole dish. I added a tin of creamy chicken soup, and mixed a packet of chicken soup powder with about 700mls of cream and poured it all over the chicken pieces - along with some bacon diced up and little button mushrooms. Put it in the oven for about an hour and it was very yum! I served it with a similar potato dish - sliced potatoes (which I boiled up first just to get them a bit cooked) and poured over that a mix of cream and onion soup powder and into the oven for the same as the chicken.
It was a really yummy meal, I will certainly make it again.

Quoteraewyn64 (457 )8:32 am, Fri 8 Jun #1

245sam, Jun 19, 2:13am
korbo, here's a couple of choices for you.The first one is a very popular one in our house, the second one I have not personally tried but it is from the label of a can of Campbell’s soup.

CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE CRUMBLE
This is an easy, can be prepared ahead, almost all-in-one meal and a good way of using up leftover cooked chicken.It can also be adapted to personal tastes or according to whatever soup and extras (e.g. sauteed onions and/or mushrooms) that are available.

2 cups (360g) chopped cooked chicken
500g frozen mixed vegetables
1 x 440g can condensed cream of asparagus soup (or other soup of choice)
2/3 cup stale breadcrumbs
½ cup grated tasty cheese
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Thaw the frozen vegetables and drain them to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
Combine the chicken, vegetables and soup in an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley in a bowl, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Bake at 180ºC for about 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the crumble is heated through. Serve with e.g. baked potatoes or fresh bread.
Serves 4-5.

CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM POT PIE
2 dssp oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
150g mushrooms, sliced
1 x 410g can condensed Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup frozen vegetablese.g.peas,carrotorcorn
¾ tsp mixed dried herbs
1-2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten

Heat the oil in a large fry-pan and cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes, until soft.,Remove from the heat and add the soup, chicken, frozen vegetables and mixed herbs.Mix well.Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased large (1∙5 litre) ovenproof dish.Top with the pastry and press the edges down with a fork, then trim.Brush the top of the pastry lightly with the egg and pierce a small hold in the centre of the top.
Bake at200°Cforabout 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Serves 4.:-))

korbo, Jun 19, 8:54am
hi, made 245sams, recipe, but no pastry, breadcrumbs and cheese on top. was yummy.