RUMP ROAST (6KG/13lb) Cooking

floscey, Jun 19, 9:48am
Wifes having a party and im going to try and cook a 6 kg Rump roast . Any ideas on cooking time ! any good recipies !

tradefun3, Jun 19, 10:12am
Long and slow or its going to be very dry on outside and raw in the middle, personally i would split it into 3

punkinthefirst, Jun 19, 9:22pm
My daughter smokes a whole rump roast like that in her covered Barbeque, then turns the burners down and cooks it long and slow (all afternoon) on the rack above a tray of water.
It is absolutely tender and delicious - and feeds a load of people.

beaker59, Jun 20, 3:39am
I did one exactly that size a few months back it was awesome. I did mine for 2 and a 1/2 hours at 190 fan bake then 1/2 hour resting wrapped in tinfoil it was fantastic pink in the middle and tender and tastes awesome :)

its a mighty big piece of meat though we fed 10 and had left overs for quite a while I made plenty of gravy though to reheat the leftovers in. No problem with dry ness at all I cooked it fatty side up I think that helped also added garlic and rosemary sprig also a few bayleaves. You could also try a mustard seed rub I generally mix spices into Masterfoods grainy mustard and rub that on.

I would never split a roast the bigger the roast the better it turns out I find.