Recipe for florentines?

donna23, Jun 19, 10:40pm
I had a lovely recipe for the above which had quite a bit of dried fruit in it and the only nuts were slivered almonds, naturally I have lost (or thrown out) the recipe and wondered if anyone had one similar, thanks

cookessentials, Jun 19, 11:00pm
Mini Florentines

30g butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon golden syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 teaspoons mixed peel
1 tablespoon finely chopped red glacé cherries
20g flaked almonds, chopped coarsely
75g dark chocolate

NOTE: This recipe makes about 36 Florentines and can be made three days ahead; store in an airtight container.

Preheat the oven to moderate (180C). Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.

Stir in the ginger and flour then the peel, cherries and nuts. Drop level 1/2 teaspoons of mixture onto greased oven trays, leaving about 6cm between each to allow mixture to spread. Cook only 6 at a time.

Bake in a moderate oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown; gently push the Florentines into shape with a small cutter or palette knife while still hot. Stand Florentines for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Melt the chocolate then spread the chocolate over the flat side of the florentines; run a fork through the chocolate before it sets to make a wavy pattern. Stand Florentines, chocolate-side up, on a wire rack until set.

donna23, Jun 20, 8:53am
Hi cookessentials, your recipe is similar but the one I had used quite a bit of fruit - it had red & green cherries, cranberries & sultanas (I think), probably not a true florentine but thats what the rec. was called, thanks