Recipe please for Carrot and corrainder soup

bellarose, Jul 15, 7:27am
really yummy but having trouble finding recipe any help would be much appreciated thanks

petal1955, Jul 15, 7:58am

245sam, Jul 15, 8:41am
bellarose, from doing a search here on this MB I found this.

"I got myself the Revive Cafe Cookbook from the cafe in Auckland. Made a beautiful carrot and coriander soup as our starter on Christmas Day.
Quote:kintama_80 (35 )9:17 pm, Thu 29 Dec #32"

Maybe it would be worthwhile checking to see if your local library, if you have one nearby, can source that book for you i.e. unless you are lucky enough for kintama, or someone else who has that book or the recipe, to see your thread/request.

I enjoy the flavour of coriander seed but not the leaf or root so I'm not sure if there is a recipe in any of my books for Carrot and Coriander Soup however I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm browsing.

Good luck.:-))

geldof, Jul 15, 8:59am
I have the Revive Cafe book.(It's great.)
The soup has ground coriander, not leaf or root.
Am happy to post the recipe if anyone would like it.
It is a little unusual.

245sam, Jul 15, 9:21am
geldof, yes please to post the recipe as that was exactly what bellarose was requesting at #1 and with the soup not having the actual coriander plant in it, it's very likely to appeal to me/usas well.
:-))

geldof, Jul 15, 9:43am
There's a link to the recipe book.
It gives and over view and also some of the recipes.
http://www.revive.co.nz/categories/cookbooks/the-revive-cafe-cookbook

My eyes are getting a little blurry tonight, but I have the book by my computer so will post the recipe in the morning.

bellarose, Jul 15, 7:54pm
Thanks so much for that looking forward to recipe being post thanks geldof much appreciated. ;)

cookessentials, Jul 15, 11:35pm
I also have the book. Here is the recipe
2 onions roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed or chopped
1 tbsp rice bran oil
5 large carrots, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
4 cups hot water
4 tbsp date puree or honey
1 tsp salt
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1 cup cold water
2 carrots, grated.

Cook onion, garlic and oil until clear ( not coloured)
Add carrots,nutmeg,coriander,cumin-
and water and simmer until carrots are tender. Add salt and date puree ( or honey) and blend with a stick blender ( or put in a food processor or blender) Using a blender or stick in a sep container, blend cashews and cold water together then add to carrot mixture. Taste for sweetness and saltiness and modify if necessary. Add grated carrot just before serving.

245sam, Jul 16, 12:18am
Thanks so much for posting the recipe Pam.Is that a book that you use often i.e. would you recommend it as a must-have!:-))

geldof, Jul 16, 12:53am
Sorry, just came in to C and P.

It's an interesting book IMO, 245sam.
It's vegetarian, and the majority of recipes are dairy and gluten free.
If you like cooking, it is full of good ideas to adapt.
I have made several things from it.
My daughter is vegetarian, and her husband is vegan and prefers raw.

cookessentials, Jul 16, 1:53am
I would certainly recommend it. I bought it a few weeks ago and so far have made just one recipe from it which was delicious. i have posted it on the vegetarian thread this morning.

zsfdho0th, Jul 13, 7:07am
There are a few different ways to do it. You bliacalsy use a starchy carbohydrate as the cream base. Potatoes, rice, or flour are all good bases for a creamy soup, and then the flavors? need to be works on to taste right. Garlic and onions are crucial in my opinion, and nutritional yeast will give a nice flavor along with salt and pepper. Nutmeg is often used in cream soups or alfredo sauces, so I usually add a pinch.

sid9lod3xhn, Jul 14, 10:00am
Aw, only you played! And you are creorct. Of course :-)I was very surprised by the wide open fields and hedgerows, this was towards the southwestern point of Staten Island. The whole thing seems to be North Mount Loretto State Forest, splitting into Butler Woods and Long Pond Park.

9eg09rtyfmt, Jul 16, 9:49am
These are a few of my favorites!!Crock Pot EnchiladasServes 61 lb Ground Beef, lean1 (8.5 oz) White Onion, chpeopd1 (4 oz can) Chopped Green Chilies (leave these out if you don't want it to be spicy)1 (14 oz can) Enchilada Sauce1 (10-3/4 oz can) Golden Mushroom Soup1 (10-3/4 oz can) Cheddar Cheese Soup1 (10-3/4 oz can) Cream of Mushroom Soup1 (10-3/4 oz can) Cream of Celery SoupInstructions:Brown hamburger and chpeopd onion and pour off grease.Put all ingredients in crock pot. Mix and cook low 4-6 hours.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chicken ParmesanServes 61/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated1/4 Tsp Italian Seasoning, crushed6 (4 oz) Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter1/2 Cup White Onion, diced1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour1/2 Cup 2% Milk1 (1 oz packet) Ranch Flavored Salad Dressing Mix6 Slices Mozzarella Cheese1/2 (10 oz pkg.) Spinach, frozen, thawed, drained1 Tbsp Pimiento, chpeopdInstructions:Preheat the oven to 350baFIn a small mixing bowl combine cheese, ranch salad dressing mix, and Italian seasoning. Roll chicken pieces in cheese mixture to coat lightly; set remaining cheese mixture aside. Arrange the pieces in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. In a small saucepan cook onion in hot margarine until tender.Stir in flour; add milk all at once. Cook and stir till bubbly; stir in drained spinach and pimiento. Place a slice of cheese and spoon the spinach mixture over the chicken; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until tender.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chicken Pasta AlfredoServes 66 Qts Water12 oz Fettuccine Pasta2 Tbsp Peanut Oil6 (4 oz) Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless2 (10-3/4 oz can) Cream of Mushroom Soup1 (20 oz bag) Frozen Broccoli Florets3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, gratedInstructions:Heat a large pot of water, over high heat. When water comes to a boil add the pasta and boil for 8-10 minutes. Drain; reserving 2 cups pasta water. Cut the chicken into strips (1/4 x1 ); set aside.In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, add the oil and chicken pieces stirring frequently until golden brown.In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add the chicken pieces, sauce, 1/4 cup reserved pasta water, stirring frequently. Add the remaining pasta water into the saucepan and bring just to a boil, then add the broccoli. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.Divide the cooked pasta evenly between serving dishes and top with chicken and broccoli mixture.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Spanish MeatloafServes 61-1/2 lb Ground Beef, lean1 (5.5 oz envelope) Wyler's Hearty Beef Stew Soup Starter1 (8 oz bag) Mexican Style Cheddar Cheese, shredded1 (4 oz can) Diced Green Chili Peppers1 (14-1/2 oz can) Diced Tomatoes, drained1 Cup BBQ Sauce (recommended: Kraft Carb Well)Instructions:Preheat the oven to 350baFIn a large bowl add the soup starter, diced green chili peppers, and the diced tomatoes; mix until the liquid is absorbed. Add the ground beef and BBQ sauce and mix thoroughly until well combined.Place 1/2 of the mixture in a loaf pan, making a well in the meat, top evenly with the cheese and place the remainder of the meat mixture on top to seal.Bake for 45 minutes; drain any residual fat if necessary.Place the meatloaf on a warmed serving platter and serve immediately. Serve with mixed vegetables or a salad.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Crab QuicheServes 61 (8 oz pkg.) Louis Kemp Crab Delights, flaked3/4 Cup Mexican Style Cheddar Cheese, shredded1/2 (8 oz pkg.) Cream Cheese, cut into 1/4 cubes1/4 Cup Green Onions, sliced1/2 Tsp Salt1/2 Tsp Basil1/2 Cup Heart Healthy Bisquick1 Cup 1% Milk Skim 1/2 Cup Eggbeaters3 SecondsNonstick Cooking SprayInstructions:Preheat the oven to 350baFMix the crab delights, shredded cheese, cream cheese, onions, salt, and basil in a medium bowl.Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and spread the crab mixture into the bottom.Beat the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over the crab mixture and bake for about 40-45 minutes.Serve immediately.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Strawberry ShakeServes 21 Cup Frozen Strawberries, thawed2 Tbsp Honey1 Cup Cold 2%Milk1 Cup Plain Yogurt2 Tbsp Sugar Substitute (recommended: Splenda)2 Whole Strawberries, garnishInstructions:Puree the strawberries and honey in a blender or food processor. Add milk, sweetener and yogurt; blend until smooth.Pour into glasses; garnish each with a whole strawberry