Bread cheese rolls - help please

lynja, Jul 14, 8:29pm
I need to make about 100 of these for a party and thought i would pre make and freeze, then heat them on the night just before serving. Should I pre bake them too then freeze them, or are they better made and frozen before baking. There is only one oven, so if possible would like to save a bit of time and only need to pre heat, but want them to be nice and crisp too.

jessie981, Jul 14, 9:10pm
I'd make & freeze without prebaking as they may go chewy when heated if partially cooked. Someone wiser willl come in & advise you. Yum could go a couple now.

elsielaurie1, Jul 14, 9:13pm
Make them, freeze, then place them under grill. Serve with a smearing of butter.

norse_westie, Jul 14, 10:28pm
Freeze before baking. I make them for parties, plates, and occasionally lunches. I hate doing it so make up a huge amount and freeze them, to take out as I need. They cook up nicely.

rainrain1, Jul 14, 10:50pm
Get hold of a 4 x toastie pie machine, and use it as well as the oven. I sometimes do mine in one of those, they don't look quite as pretty, but still taste good.Also they need to be toasted not just heated through, you want the cheese oozing and dribbling down your chin

lynja, Jul 15, 4:36am
thanks for all the suggestions. I will get making and freezing. I had planned to bake them rather than grill as i can get at lease two trays done at a time this way.