Wrapping pieces of chocolate in biscuit mix.

elsielaurie1, Jun 23, 4:08am
and baking them!any recipes out there or is it not a good idea!

molly37, Jun 23, 4:19am
I have a recipe in which you add a piece of caramellow or peppermint thick and thunky to the middle of a muffin. Always makes for a nice surprise inside. And another recipe where you wrap a malt biscuit mixture around a marshmallow if your interested.

jeeza1, Jun 23, 4:37am
Yes please Molly, I would love both of your recipes.mmmmm sounds yummy.

pam.delilah, Jun 23, 6:12am
Pod Cookies
• 125g unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cups firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 1/2 cups plain flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• chocolate/buttons orpieces, depends on you taste *
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line two cookie sheets with baking parchment paper. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.Add vanilla and egg and beat until just combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mix until a dough forms
Using an spoon , measure out one scoop of the cookie batter and press out into a circle. In the centre, adda chocolate button/ pieceand then bring up the sides of the circle to seal the cookie in.
Place an inch apart on the baking sheet as they do expand. Repeat until all of the dough is used. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

*Break up blocks of flavoured chocolate for a extra surprise

elsielaurie1, Jun 23, 8:57am
Thanks for this.Sounds exactly like what I've been searching. My Mum used to make these. I'm wanting to make them for my little grandson's 7th birthday.thank you.

elliehen, Jun 23, 9:23am
This is an old recipe, with sweet cookie dough wrapped around a date

.from the 1959 Edmonds Cookery Book:

DATE SURPRISES
Cream 4 ounces butter with 3 ounces sugar and 1 heaped teaspoon golden syrup
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Add sifted together 6 ounces flour, 1 scant teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Put half a walnut inside a date and wrap a piece of dough around each date
Flatten and bake on cold greased tray 15 to 20 minutes at 375* Fahrenheit