Garlic Hummus---My easy recipe.

dalkemade, Jun 22, 6:52am
1 x 400g can Craigs* Chickpeas in Brine
1 &1/2 Tb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 &1/2 Med Size Lemons
2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
1/4 Cup Water
Salt to taste
Drain chickpeas and put into a blender with the other ingredients and give a good whizz. Keep in fridge. And its yum.
Craigs brand are best for texture also I found other brands must have had less chickpeas when drained and 1/4 cup water had to be reduced a little.

sossie1, Jun 22, 6:54am
It is so much easier to use a can, until my vegetarian neighbour told me she cooks up a whole batch in the crockpot, and puts in freezer bags.

except of course I never remember to take the bag out of the freezer.

eddiedean, Jun 22, 6:57am
i love hummus, especially garlic hummus :) Its great with an antipasto

wildflower, Jun 22, 7:17am
That's all I do but without the water added.

dalkemade, Jun 22, 8:27am
Wildflower. I found I needed water to get the correct texture. It is certainly cheaper making your own.

clawed2, Jun 22, 8:51am
can add curry powder for real flavour

32oscar, Jun 22, 9:48am
I just use the chickpeas straight from the freezer into the food processor.That way it is already chilled too - all ready to use.

Also far nicer using chickpeas you have cooked yourself than the tinned ones.

grandma, Jun 22, 10:11am
Sounds delish dalkemade - will try it.

taurus2005, Jun 22, 11:07pm
Bit of tahini added to this is good,I just crush up a tsp of sesame seeds in the mortar and pestle and add a bit of olive oil to it- too expensive in the shops to buy.

32oscar, Jun 23, 12:07am
tsp or two of peanut butter works too.

wildflower, Jun 23, 4:21am
I've never used tahini because of the price.I do have sesame seeds though.Recipe I use had cayenne pepper but I never had any first time I made it so left it out and have done since.I grow garlic too so makes it so much cheaper than buying ready made hummus:)

frances1266, Jun 23, 6:58am
Good with peanut butter and cooked pumpkin and curry powder added.

dalkemade, Jun 23, 10:22am
Thanks for thoughts on some of the additives but I wanted to keep it simple and it does taste very good the way it is.