Rolled brisket cooking suggestion please

raewyn64, Jun 22, 10:08pm
Hi
i bought a rolled brisket and so want to cook it up.
I think I am reading it needs long and slow cooking so the options I think are either in the crockpot for most of the day or in the oven at a low temperature with a little water in the bottom of the roasting dish for a few hours (like I did with the lamb leg a couple of weeks ago).
Do those options sound right and if so which one is recommended as better/easier!
Thanks so much for your help.

harrislucinda, Jun 22, 10:16pm
i woulddoitin thecrock potithink atoughmeat
idontbuy anythingrolledastheycanhiderubbishbits

rainrain1, Jun 22, 10:26pm
nothing gets wasted

fifie, Jun 23, 12:24am
Brisket needs long slow cooking. i'd rub oil and little garlic all over it with s/p brown in a hot pan all over, put a upturned saucer in bottom of c/p, helps keep meat out of fat, chop up some onions and put round the bottom sit meat on saucer lid on and cook. Take out when cooked rest, tip onions etc into saucepan and make a gravy.

raewyn64, Jun 23, 2:45am
Thanks everyone - crockpot it is for tomorrow.

raewyn64, Jun 24, 7:17am
Thank you once again - the crockpot did the trick along with the upturned saucer in the bottom to keep it out of the fat. And yes after I unwrapped it there was quite a bit of fat on it so I have learnt a lesson there about rolled meats :) lol. But at least the meat did come out perfectly fine - moist and tender and enough for hubby's sandwiches tomorrow.

nik12, Jun 24, 9:52am
Rolled brisket is the worst for hidden fat I recon.We do home kill and before I learned better, they'd do corned brisket - yuk! I get it made into mince now.
I know it's a cheap meat option, and it does taste nice roasted (when not corned) because of the fat, but the time you cut all the fat off, it's not actually that cheap imo.At least with a rolled roast beef, most of it should be meat lol.