Fish boning tweezers, pliers

rainrain1, Jun 24, 9:29pm
or whatever you call them, mainly for salmon.Where can I purchase online please.Not plastic thanks

sarahb5, Jun 24, 9:32pm
I just bought a cheap pair of tweezers from the beauty aisle at the supermarket - works for me .Also easier to bone salmon if you freeze it then defrost it - can always tell if my "fresh" salmon is actually frozen and defrosted by the ease with which the bones come out.

davidt4, Jun 24, 9:48pm
http://www.prochef.co.nz/products/Fish-Bone-Tweezers.html

It is not difficult to pin-bone salmon.A pair of needle-nose pliers will do it, but fish tweezers are easier.

cookessentials, Jun 24, 10:19pm
crikey, those are expensive. A good pair of these in s/s are $12.50 for exactly the same tweezers. The larger size means you get a far better grip of the pin bones for easier removal.

rainrain1, Jun 24, 10:56pm
that's the ones.thankyou.

elliehen, Jun 25, 12:04am
I've seen those in op shops and wondered what they were used for - thought it might be for uplifting gherkins from jars or somesuch ;)

nfh1, Jun 25, 12:17am
Me too - I thought they were for olives!

pickles7, Jun 25, 12:47am
I have a pr of pliers,you need a pr with a spring in to self open. better than anything.

nauru, Jun 25, 2:28am
I use these too and they do the job well.

collnz, Jun 25, 4:08am
I use eyebrow tweezers.only on the fish not me! I have my own,

cookessentials, Jun 25, 4:22am
Do your fish have eyebrows! LOL

rainrain1, Jun 25, 5:17am
Why not!two birds, one stone!

rainrain1, Jun 25, 5:41am
getting capers out of their silly little jar is what i struggle with

nfh1, Jun 25, 5:42am
Absolutely - multi-purpose tool.

eastie3, Jun 25, 7:52am
I just use the blade of a knife and a little slieght of hand for the capers.As for salmon,I use a pair ofpointy nosed pliers that I'm sure have a proper name.I bought them from Bunnings when I was looking for something else and they work very well at a fraction of the price I would pay for the 'proper' tool.