Apricot Dream Slice? recipe req

purplegoanna, Jun 18, 8:51am
tried some today and it was yummy but cant seem to find a recipe.had crushed malt biscuits! coconut, diced apricot in it (it was quite moist & gooey) wih a lemony icing.

hotstuff111, Jun 18, 9:10am
fudge cake with out the coco and add apricotsif its not her by tomorrow ill look it up for you. the girls at work make it with condenstmilk.

purplegoanna, Jun 18, 9:15am

hotstuff111, Jun 18, 9:17am
that looks good

purplegoanna, Jun 18, 9:18am
looked similiar to the dream bar halfway down this page http://thecookiescoop.blogspot.co.nz/2010_05_01_archive.html

kinna54, Jun 19, 3:44am
i used to make this one often at the cafeteria where I worked. Attached is a basic fudge biscuit cake recipe which I just adapted to the flavours, eg for apricot I would omit the sultanas,andadd chopped dried apricots, (maybe cut down the cornflakes by a 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup coconut if desired)and add a drop of orange/lemon juice instead of the vanilla, and ice with a orange/lemon icing.
It is a nice moist slice.Very versatile, you can alter the flavours to suit. I have made this as a coffee slice, (omitted the sultanas, and replaced with walnuts) and added coffee essence. iced with coffee icing. Just use your imagination re flavours.

*The biscuit cake*

250gwine or malt biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas or dried fruit
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Crush wine (or malt) biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas or fruit
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.

Press into a swiss roll tin.

Ice with chocolate or flavoured icing.

griffo4, Jun 21, 1:35am
purplegoanna is kinna's recipe anything like you are looking for!
l am going to try it as it sounds really nice

disco_super_fly, Jun 21, 9:11am
Oh my gosh. I am craving this! Also SUPER AMAZING if you add white choc chunks and chopped brazil nuts <3

griffo4, Jun 21, 9:35pm
l made this yesterday as well and um well half of it is already gone ;-))
l made it to take out on Sunday but l think l will be making another batch by then
l used thread coconut and NZ apricots and did a thicker icing on top, but next time l will add more apricots as l love them
it is a lovely recipe with so many variations thanks for sharing kinna

flower-child01, Jun 22, 9:22pm

hondadude, Jun 24, 9:31pm
Edmonds cook book its called refrigerated apricot slice my husband loves it too.

griffo4, Jun 24, 10:43pm
off to buy 2 packets of malt biscuits tomorrow and try both of them