Can you cook plain rice in a slow cooker?.

cookiebarrel, Jun 25, 10:59am
have tried searching for answer on here, but no luck.I could be doing something wrong, so decided to ask instead.

nik12, Jun 25, 2:45pm
I'm sure you can, but I don't know how. I used to do the edmonds steamed rice.Now I have a tupperware microwave one (20 mins and perfect for 2 Adults and 3 kids) not sure what I'll do when kids eat more. go back to the steaming way I guess.Bascially 2x water to rice, bring to the boil, then turn off and leave 'till ready.

kiwitrish, Jun 25, 8:29pm
That's the way I make it.Tried the rice cookers and the microwave but this is the best way by far for us.Never fails.

amasser, Jun 26, 5:46am
Great. Would bread bake in one or not hot enough!

nanasee1, Jun 26, 6:56am
amasser check out 'slow cooker bread' in the search option - top left of the thread - go for 'posted over last year'. I make bread in the slow cooker often but am away from home recipes so can't tell you exactly how to do it. Will look later & post if you can't find what you want.

cookiebarrel, Jun 26, 7:07am
Sounds a good way to do itnik12 and kiwitrish.Does it make it a light fluffy rice, have one in the family that doesn't like it firm almost likes it overcooked.Thanks for your imput so far.

lynv, Jun 26, 9:09am
Have never tried cooking rice in a slow cooker but I bought a microwave rice cooker a week or so ago for about $15 and it is great! Lovely fluffy rice, not sticky or burnt ;-)