Whats the best Pasta Maker to buy?

nzbadger, Jun 24, 9:47am
Want to know a solid reliable Pasta Maker brand . Cheers

lythande1, Jun 24, 7:43pm
I bought the cheap chinese one of Trademe years and years ago. Never had a problem with it, still in regular use.

geldof, Jun 24, 8:26pm
I have a titania, which is fine. (also purchased of TM)
Most important thing is not to wash it, I think.
Just brush flour and crumbs off it.

cookessentials, Jun 24, 9:24pm
Imperia or Marcato Atlas are the two best. They are both italian made. Geldof is right, never wash the pasta maker. They come with a brush for cleaning.

pickles7, Jun 25, 12:54am
Our supermarket had them for $35.00.They looked ok. I must look at the warranty.

caro25, Jun 25, 2:38am
our first two were from the wearhouse and they broke couldnt handel the bulk of pasta dough we then got a italian one from bylentynes (sp) and have never looked backthey are great and well worth spending a little more on them

nzbadger, Jun 25, 5:23am
Thanks for that guys. Off I go Pasta Maker shopping :-)

unknowndisorder, Jun 27, 10:18am
I'm finding it hilarious, as I bought a cheap pasta maker off here a while back, thinking it was only a small amount of cash if I didn't use it, and now find any excuse to make pasta,
I have hated pasta for years, love making it, but also now love eating it. Myf husband's happy as he always enjoyed it. sorry about typos, I'm not convinceco about this I-pad thing, as I'm a touch typist and hate the keyboard thingy as I keep hitting wrong keys

nzbadger, Jun 28, 3:46am
Good to know you are loving it. :-) Still haven't bought mine yet. Which brand did you buy off here!

falcon-hell, Jun 28, 6:20am
i have an imperia one,and have had it for years,and i've never used it-i need to kick my own arse,lol.

nat148, Jun 28, 7:36am
Got one from Stevens (That's all it's called, btw - Steven's Pasta Machine) and that one is great!

unknowndisorder, Jun 28, 9:08am
Mine's a non-branded one (threw out the box), and can't say who the trader is but he's got quite a few listed. The one I bought most recently I'm going to see if a friend gets on with it better than I do, otherwise her daughter can use it for squashing playdough.

The cheap ones don't come with instructions, but add 1 egg per 100g flour (high grade is fine), mix together, if necessary a little bit of water, then knead it for 7-10 minutes. Rest (the dough) for half hour or so, cut into manageable chunks, roll out on a board slightly (for shaping and getting through the machine on the thickest setting), feed through each setting once until you get the desired thickness (I always go for thinnest, but can leave a bit thicker if wanted), either use the sheets for lasagne or put through one of the slicers. Leave to dry for a bit & then cook.

What I've found with the cheaper ones is the thickness selector is a bit agricultural, and not as nice as the better brands, but when it dies, I'll replace it with a better model. It gets a fair pounding, as I'll make it a couple of times a week, which I expect will change over time (the breadmaker used to get used most days, but now not often, but that's due to work hours changing and we're not eating as much bread).

My husband keeps rolling his eyes as I find another toy to play with, but doesn't seem to mind eating the results.