Whats your fav home made biscuit?

Page 1 / 2
tarshlove, Jul 1, 11:42pm
I need to make a batch and need a new great recipe to try any ideas!

wheelz, Jul 2, 12:27am
Chocolate and vanilla pinwheel shortbread. Fiddly to make, but tasty and impressive.

wheelz, Jul 2, 12:30am
Or Passionfruit Butter Biscuits

kesley, Jul 2, 12:34am
http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateChipCookies.html

That one. They make the kind of spread out flat, chewy, buttery choc chips that you get from Mrs. Higgins. And they're infinitely better with the nuts added, too. Ugh, so good.

kirmag, Jul 2, 1:23am
Favourite biscuits. well that's what they're known as in our family.Hokey Pokey biscuits to normal people.

daleaway, Jul 2, 2:04am
I can recommend the Belgian Biscuits recipe on the Gregg's website. Except I would put more nutmeg in them.

miri_s, Jul 2, 2:10am
Gotta be the Afghan!

lodgelocum, Jul 2, 2:34am
Peanut brownies and vanilla biscuits

korban, Jul 2, 3:10am
Peanut Butter and Cranberry Cookies

Choc Chip Cookies

Jam Drops

wildflower, Jul 2, 3:34am
Try the Nestle website for Caramel Chip Biscuits, condensed milk version, very nice and new.

valentino, Jul 2, 3:37am
These are very yummy.

Kingston Biscuits

200 grams butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
¾ cup coconut
¾ cup raw sugar

Filling
¼ cup cream
40 grams butter
200 grams cooking choc

Melt 200g butter with the honey, stir in oats, flour, coconut & raw sugar.
Roll into cherry sized balls & flatten onto a baking tray.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180C.
Allow to cool.

FILLING-
Bring cream to the boil, remove from the heat, add butter & chocolate and stir & mix until all is smooth.
Cool & spread onto biscuits, sandwiching 2 together.

huia991, Jul 2, 3:38am
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Biscuits
1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 Egg
1 Cup sugar
nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
Mix all together.Shape into balls and place onto tray lined with baking powder.Press down with a fork.Bake 8-10 minutes.Need to watch carefully as they burn really easily.
You wouldn't know they're Gluten Free.Can use less sugar

valentino, Jul 2, 3:48am
Or if you have kids at home, try these.holidays (noted above poster with Choc Cookies).

Get mum or the oldest child to soften 900grams of butter via a mixer,

get another child to weigh out the following and kept seperate,
2 cups sugar
1 tin highlander Milk
8 cups of flour
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
at least 2 cups preferably 3 cups of small choc chips or buttons.

Whilst one is softening butter to start creaming it then to add the sugar and condensed milk slowly and cream until light and fluffy.

The other child sift flour and baking powder into another huge bowl, adding the choc into the sifted flour.

Once butter etc is creamed then they mix it all together ensuring all is mixed.

Now oven to 190C, a lightly greased oven tray and the children can start rolling into small balls about 3cm diamter (about an inch or so) with 20 to 25 on a tray. and to be slightly flatten.
Now whilst this is put into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, they can roll up the rest, put into Ice cream containers or similar layering these balls and after each layer to put in and seperate each layer with a liece of baking paper, balls only just touching each other. Once one container is done to repeat with rest.

They then can go into the freezer ready for next lot to be done, thaw before baking.

When they have finished this, the first batch should be cooked and cooled ready to eat, LOL.
Editing to add, should make about 120 cookies all up depending on size.

Cheers.

kara101, Jul 2, 3:50am
I just made a batch of good ole fashioned afghans. just need to ice them so am waiting for them to cool down. nom nom

carriebradshaw, Jul 2, 4:00am
Jam drops and choc chip.

keysie, Jul 2, 4:08am
Choc chip biscuits made with Highlander milk, nanas recipe.

sarahb5, Jul 2, 4:11am
I don't actually like many homemade biscuits because I like my biscuits hard and dunkable - exception would be chocolate chip cookies but they have to be the soft ones

miri_s, Jul 2, 5:02am
I do hope you have the mandatory walnut halves for topping.not a real afghan, IMO, without one of those plonked in the middle.

dagwood51, Jul 2, 5:04am
home made coconut biscuts are a fave in this house.

kinna54, Jul 2, 7:32am
Afghans or shortbread here.followed by shrewsbury biccies and vienesse orange kisses (DH's favourite)

korban, Jul 2, 8:46am
I just put on a chocolate button on top as soon as they come out of the oven.

issymae, Jul 2, 11:07am
Alison holst recipes - Gingernuts, choc chippies with condensed milk, and anzac biscuitsl;these were the top 3 with my lot

nik12, Jul 2, 1:16pm
My fav is the edmonds hokey pokey, with a about 6ish smashed up odd fellows and a good handful of choc chips.Nan made them with just the oddfellows, but I can't resist my choc chips :-)

raewyn64, Jul 3, 6:41am
yoyos or melting moments - yum!

bev00, Aug 25, 12:31pm
Kylie's Melting Moments

250g butter
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour

Cream icing sugar and butter
Stir through sifted flours
Mix well and make into balls and press down with fork

Bake 175C for 10 to 12 minutes until pale golden brown

Icing
50 g butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp

l made a different icing using 1 tablespoon custard powder instead of passionfruit and a bit of milk

These are very yummy and make equal amounts of biscuits or else you will have to eat one covered with icing,lol

Quotegriffo4 (221 )9:12 am, Tue 5 Jul #4
These are a bit lighter in texture than melting moments but are absolutely delicious:

Viennese Orange kisses:
220gms butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 TBSPS grated orange rind
1 TBSP cornflour
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
#1 Have butter at room temperature
Cream butter, sifted icing sugar and orange rind until soft and creamy.
Add cornflour, mix well. Add sifted flours gradually, beat well until smooth.
#2 fill into piping bag fitted with star tube.
Pipe into 2.5cm (1 inch) shapes on lighly greased oven tray. Bake in moderate oven for 15 mins, or until pale golden brown. cool on wire rack.
#3 Sandwich biscuits together with orange cream:
Orange cream ingredients:
60gms butter
1 cup icing sugar
2 TBSPS orange juice
Beat soft butter and icing sugar until smooth, gradually beat in orange juice.
Makes about 15

Edited by kinna54 at 7:21 pm, Tue 5 Jul

Quotekinna54 (191 )7:20 pm, Tue 5 Jul #5
shortbread.
1lb butter softened with 2x 3/4 cups of castor sugar - beat till white in colour, then add 4 cups of flour and 1 cup of wheaten cornflour.
mix well and then roll into a log shape and add an extra bit of flour if its a bit sticky. then cut into pieces as thick as you like and then bake at 150 deg till firm but not brown. yummy!

Quotetimetable (108 )7:35 pm