Masterchef recipe of what Mindy made ?

mattdylan, Jul 6, 4:20am
in the sandwich challenge, it was a Malaysian flat bread type thing with mince inside, anyone remember the name of it! or a recipe! thanks!

kiwigal007, Jul 6, 4:21am
Its in the aus masterchef thread. will bump up (on page 5)

mattdylan, Jul 6, 4:21am
fab! thanks :)

245sam, Jul 6, 4:43am
Murtabak is the name of the sandwich andthe recipe can be found at:-
http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes/murtabak.htm

Edited to add thatby going directly to the above link, and only to that link, nowhere could I see any reference to the results or any mention of the outcome of the ongoing competition.:-))

marcs, Jul 6, 1:58pm
Murtabark

duckmoon, Jul 8, 5:50am
This information has also been posted on the master chef thread on this MB

sumstyle, Jul 16, 8:21am
Has anyone else followed the recipe from Masterchef, as I did it tonight, and I have some questions regarding the roti:

In the two hours it rested it became quite hard, so I was worried it would split when I flatten it - is this normal!

I rolled them really thin, but still struggled to wrap them in to the envelope shape - is it just a matter of practice!

sumstyle, Jul 16, 8:22am
Looking at the photo of Mindy's murtabak, they look incredibly thin, like crepes - is that what I should have aimed for!

sumstyle, Jul 16, 11:39pm
Mmm, well I just got an email reply back from my Malaysian friends, and they said that the roti can go super thin, but it may require the atmosphere heat to be higher than Christchurch's winter-in-the-kitchen heat.Interesting.I shall defrost some spring roll wrappers and fill them instead.

sumstyle, Jul 16, 11:39pm
Mmm, well I just got an email reply back from my Malaysian friends, and they said that the roti can go super thin, but it may require the atmosphere heat to be higher than Christchurch's winter-in-the-kitchen heat.Interesting.I shall defrost some spring roll wrappers and fill them instead of having another go with the roti making.