Peanut butter biscuits.

family007, Jul 8, 5:20am
Does anyone have the recipe for those peanut butter biscuits as seen on those energywise adverts! Have been given a jar of smooth peanut butter which I can't see myself eating! I've found the slice thread, but blind ol me hasn't found the biscuit recipe!

kinna54, Jul 8, 6:01am
Here you go:

Easy Peasy Crunchy Peanut Butter Biscuits

1 cup crunchy Peanut Butter
3/4to 1 cup Caster Sugar (*the original recipe says 1 cup but I found it a bit too sweet so cut it back)
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 170degC
Line a baking tray with baking paper, and spray the paper with cooking spray or greasethe paper well with butter or margarine.

Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix or beat well together until combined.
Place rolled balls of mixture ontothe tray and flatten with a wet fork,leaving plenty of room betweeneach biscuit as the biscuits spread a lot.

Cook for 15-20mins until light golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes,
then remove from the paper and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.

* Biscuits will crisp
as they cool down*

kinna54, Jul 8, 6:08am
Another idea for using up your peanut butter is satay sauce.simply add some lemon juice, garlic, root ginger, a few drops of dark soy sauce: *quantities to your own taste.*

dibble35, Jul 8, 6:49am
I've got a similar recipe to Kinnas. but mine has choc chips as well. very yummy

family007, Jul 8, 8:23am
Awesome! Can't wait to make them! How much choc chips!

vinee, Jul 8, 11:20am
add 1/2 Cup or there abouts of choc chips.

Now I don't want to start a war about smooth versus chunky but both satay and Pnut bikkies are better with Chunky Pnut butter. (IMO!)

I hear smooth is good on mouse traps.
(the sort that catch mice, not the cheese on toast kind)

kateley, Jul 8, 11:46am
i saw a tv cook making peanut butter, banana and choc flake toasted sandwiches last night - looked very delicious with the choc all melty

family007, Jul 8, 12:03pm
Oh yummy!