Caramel Sauce without cream

weha, Jul 7, 2:01am
Help.does anyone have a recipe for this.but without the cream please.
Want to pour it over Date and Orange scrolls
thanks in advance!

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:28am
Ooh you date & orange scrolls sound yummy, are they like a scone mixture! Would you be willing to share the recipe please! I wonder if you could sustsitute the cream for low fat milk!

sultana0, Jul 8, 4:34am
I use one can of sweetened condensed milk and golden syrup. put the milk into a pot and heat (dont boil) and add 1 to 2 big spoonfuls of golden syrup and stir til it thickens. It wont take long, less than a minute. Eat hot or cold. I think that because of the sugar content, it will keep a while. but we dont know cos it doesnt stay around long enough

weha, Jul 9, 5:29am
I just used the Edmonds scone recipe - added orange zest and squeezed the juice into it too,.rolled it out.smeared a mix of butter and brown sugar over it, scattered dates and rasins, spices, then rolled up, sliced and placed/squished into cooking dish. Scattered brown suagr and cinamon over top and baked. When it came out poured over the caramel sauce to soak in.was great served warm with vanilla icecream, but a bit rich so will make a lighter sauce next time.or even an orange flavoured sugar syrup.
Any other ideas for the syrup team.