Microwave streamed pudding?

cng4, Jul 7, 3:18am
I remember a recipe in an edmonds cookbook a few years back had a recipe for a steamed pudding cooked in the microwave, I have lost it and really really really want it , if anyone has it could they pretty please post it on here, Thank you

ibcreative, Jul 7, 4:36am
This one!
Steamed Pudding
125g butter, 1tsp mixed spice, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1tsp baking soda, 1 cup milk, 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour, 1 1/12 cups mixed fruit.

Place butter, sugar, milk & fruit in a 17cm bowl & microwave on high 5 minutes. Add spice & soda, stirring well. Mix in flour, cover with plastic wrap & microwave on high 5 - 6 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.

I have to say if it was me I would cover with a paper towel or a plate rather than plastic wrap.

cng4, Jul 8, 2:10am
Thank you for that, made it last night and it went down a treat! I loved it

dollmakernz, Jul 9, 7:57am
This one is really nice too
We love it cooked on top of tinned apricots in juice
BASIC STEAMED PUDDINGAND VARIATIONS

1 cup flour, ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg, ½ cup milk, 50 g butter

Sift flour and baking powder into a medium sized bowl. In another bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the milk and dry
ingredients alternately to the creamed mixture. Stir to mix. Pour the mixture into a greased 4-cup pudding basin. Cover with pleated grease proofpaper and foil and steam for 2 hours
in a saucepan half filled with water. Remove from saucepan and turn out on to a serving plate. Serve with custard.
Serves 4.
HONEY STEAMED PUDDING: Place half a cup of honey in the bowl then add the pudding mixture.
TREACLE AND NUT PUDDING: Place 3 tablespoons treacle in base of bowl covered with walnuts. Pour pudding mixture over.

dollmakernz, Jul 9, 8:05am
OOPS! just realised I gave you the normal steaming method. Still make it exactly the same but in a covered casserole dish.
Dot spoonfuls on top of the fruit or golden syrup or whatever you're using then spread it evenly and microwave on high or 12-15mins