Does anyone have a Breville breadmaker recipe book

aidan46, Jul 10, 5:16am
My mother used to make cornbread using a recipe out of this book, I want to make it but the recipe book's been thrown away.
There are so many different recipes for it online, I wouldn't know which variety to go with.

Thanks

Edited to add that if anyone has a non Breville cornbread recipe they can recommend, that would be great too.

nauru, Jul 10, 5:29am
Will check later for you in My Breville book

kinna54, Jul 10, 5:47am
Ah! My Oz Breville book has a sweetcorn and capsicum bread recipe but it is not made with cornmeal .
It would have to be changed to kiwi measures and ingredients, and equivalents, (which I can do) but not sure if that is the one you mean.
Happy to copy if necessary, but will wait and see if nauru has something as well.

aidan46, Jul 10, 6:44am
Hmm maybe I'm wrong and it wasn't Breville!

Kinna- does your recipe have actual corn in it! My mum's pretty sure the bread had corn in it.

grandma, Jul 10, 7:07am
I have a New Zealand version of the Breville book too - sorry no cornbread in mine also.Perhaps someone else has a recipe that will help you out!

nauru, Jul 10, 7:16am
Sorry no cornbread recipe in my book either.
The following is an Alison Holst recipe from her bread book which has both creamed corn and cornmeal.

Double Corn Bread
3 tsp surebake yeast
1/2 cup creamed corn
1/1/4 cups warm water
2 tsp sugar
11/2 tsp salt
2 tablsp lecithingranules or oil
2 cups high grade flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup fine or coarse cornmeal
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 tsp each cumin & oregano
pinch chili powder
2 tablsp coarse cornmeal (optional)

Place all ingredients into breadmaker in the order specified by the manufacturer.Set to normal white bread cycle, medium crust and press start or set to dough cycle and shape and bake by hand.

kinna54, Jul 10, 7:33am
The sunbeam recipe I posted in the link has corn in it.It is from a pretty old book. The Breville recipe in the oz book is called Sweet corn and capsicum bread. It has creamed corn but no cornmeal.
I actually like the look of nauru's recipe.it appears to have very similar ingredients to the recipe I have here but with the cornmeal.
If using that recipe in the Breville, just put the water in first, then the oil salt sugar and other dry ingredients,and the yeast in last.
Corn and cheese would go in at the beep.

aidan46, Jul 10, 7:33am
I could well be wrong and it wasn't a Breville book. Can't check now that it's gone!

Thanks Nauru, I'll try that recipe. I'm making spicy blackbean soup and I think cornbread would be perfect with it.

aidan46, Jul 10, 7:42am
Sorry Kinna I didn't see that link at first! That looks like a good one, too. I'll give them both a go!
Thanks.
My breadmaker is Cascade, but should work.